Login Sign Up

Matt Serra

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby qwerty » Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:14 pm

a2thej2007 wrote:i hate diaz and i think he sucks and uh to the hughes vs sara i think it could go either way but i want matt to win and i think he will but this should be a great fight either way

Well, i'm sure a Matt will win but do you mean Matt Serra or Matt Hughes? :roll:
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby masterchief03 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:31 am

Yeah, I'm sure you wan't Matt to win.
masterchief03
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:28 am

Nick Diaz dosent suck, ask Lawler and Gomi about his tapping punches, cuts really dont mean nothing, he would have tapped noons if the fight went on, anyone who say Diaz sucks is an idiot, and they know it, as for Hughes vs Serra, the great Matt Serra got hurt, what a surprise, so who knows when they will fight, im not gonna say he faking it, but at the same token, i knew it was coming. Its the only way he will hold on to the belt, by not fighting. You want to talk about someone who sucks, Matt Serra, give me a big name hes beat besides GSP.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:07 am

This just in....Serra is out of the championship fight, his back is screwed after he was demonstrating a move after a work out and blew out some disks.

I can just see hughes now...."he is dodging me, he blew his disks out on purpose"....what a tool!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:31 am

Is Serra out of MMA or is this just a temp injury? If this is just an injury and he's gonna be back how in the world someone else is going to fight for his belt?
This is pure and simple robbery. Totally sickening!
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:44 am

No Serra will be back early next year, he will fight the winner of GSP and Matt Hughes, GSP is stepping up and fighting Hughes for an inter tittle belt and the winner will fight Matt Serra next year to unify them. But i honestly think this is a better fight, Serra's reallity check will have to wait.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:47 am

Hey this is a sport of injuries, u can never do anything about that, people are gonna get hurt training, im all about these inter belts. Its not fair to Hughes that Serra got hurt. Besides u can promote a fight bettween to champs better.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Guillaume » Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:01 pm

Just makes UFC 79 more attractive. Hughes vs GSP, yeye.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby qwerty » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:06 pm

Guillaume wrote:Just makes UFC 79 more attractive. Hughes vs GSP, yeye.

I feel bad for Hughes... I know he was really looking forward to fighting Serra for the title. I strongly believe Hughes think that fight would've been a walk in the park.

Anyway, I wonder what GSP strategy this time, kick Hughes in the nuts twice followed with a kick to the head?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:22 pm

Even if GSP doesnt kick in him the nuts I am sure Hughes will say he did and act like he did...wonder if GSP is going to be ready in a month?

Kensei

Postby a2thej2007 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:28 pm

GSP is one of the best but i want hughes to mollywhop em
100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
Wayne Gretzky
a2thej2007
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:37 am

I sure GSP is in shape, he was training with Rashaud i believe for his with Bisping, I feel bad for Hughes to, espically when someone has been talking as much trash as Serra, he calls Hughes the stuck up jock, but hes the only one acting like an arrogant person, i wish Hughes would have killed him, but I dont think Hughes will beat GSP and GSP will end up beating Serra, Serra vs Hughes wont ever happen. If Matt Hughes looses, i almost gaurentee he will retire. Ive never thought of Matt Hughes as a guy who likes fighting, he does it for the paycheck, and he has enough of that now.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

matt hughes

Postby davedhughes » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:53 pm

Kerrdogg wrote:Ummm; NO.
matt hughes will distroy him in there up comming fight Hughes is one of the best ever[/img]
D . HUGHES
davedhughes
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby davedhughes » Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:54 pm

matt hughes is the best of the best
D . HUGHES
davedhughes
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:05 am

Huges is old and wants out, He said as much on TUF. I think that you are GREATLY over estimating the ability of Hughes and underestemating Rushs ability. The first fight Rush was in Awe of Hughes and let a arm bar fall when he said he was thinking "this is great I get to fight Hughes..." then" Damn he got me", LOL. The second fight Hughes had shown his true colors and Rush was not so happy with him....and Knocked him OUT!

I think it will be more of the same. Hughes last few fights have been Dull and showed his lack of spirit in the fight. His Lytle fight was a joke. Chris basically held off the "better fighter" like he was sparring and neither fighter committed to win that fight. hughes is semi-retired mentally, now he will get put away by GSP and announce he is retireing to coach his guys and that is that.

I liked Hughes as a fighter, back in the day. But he is past his time and he has also said as much. Time to move into a new direction for the old dog.

Kensei

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters