Login Sign Up

Matt Serra

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby masterchief03 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Guillaume wrote:Just makes UFC 79 more attractive. Hughes vs GSP, yeye.

I agree
masterchief03
Green Belt
Green Belt

Re: matt hughes

Postby masterchief03 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:02 pm

davedhughes wrote:
Kerrdogg wrote:Ummm; NO.
matt hughes will distroy him in there up comming fight Hughes is one of the best ever[/img]

Watch there last fight.
masterchief03
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:53 am

Yah, he really attacked GSP's fists with his face and damn...did you see what he did to his shin with his head??? That hughes is one tough guy, and to be brave enought to finish the fight asleep....what a warriror!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby famedbauwow » Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:37 am

Matt Hughes at this point is the greatest WW of all time, but everyone passes the torch, and that is what we will witness around the new year, i had front row seats at there first fight, GSP was holding his own and got caught, he was like a kid fighting a man, the second fight showed the true colors, there will be no armbar by Hughes, this will be a TKO or KO. I dont see anyone for a while beating GSP. But no doubt HUGHES is one of the greatest and is one of my heros. A real class act.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby masterchief03 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:59 am

famedbauwow wrote:Matt Hughes at this point is the greatest WW of all time, but everyone passes the torch, and that is what we will witness around the new year, i had front row seats at there first fight, GSP was holding his own and got caught, he was like a kid fighting a man, the second fight showed the true colors, there will be no armbar by Hughes, this will be a TKO or KO. I dont see anyone for a while beating GSP. But no doubt HUGHES is one of the greatest and is one of my heros. A real class act.

I agree Hughes is at this point the greatest WW of all time. Its too bad we won't get to see him fight Serra though.
masterchief03
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Guillaume » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:11 pm

How good is GSP's takedown defense?
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:51 pm

Hughes...!? Who the hell still cares about him? Better yet who has ever cared about him?
Whatever the issue Serra got fucked!
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:11 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:Whatever the issue Serra got fucked!

How did Serra get screwed? You make no sense here! He blew out his own back! He is getting time off while they have an interm belt and then when he comes back he faces the interm champ...They could have said "no problem" and stripped him of the belt.

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:58 pm

how long is he gonna be out?
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby a2thej2007 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:53 pm

a least a year if less he will just re injure himself. also hughes has a realyl good chance of winning because GSP had such short notice for the fight
100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
Wayne Gretzky
a2thej2007
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:39 am

a2thej2007 wrote:a least a year if less he will just re injure himself. also hughes has a realyl good chance of winning because GSP had such short notice for the fight

First off no one knows how long he will be out, it could be a four month rehab and then back to training, or it could be surgery and never fight again...or anywere in the middle. The problem is no one but Serra and his doctors have any real idea and no one is jumping on the internet to chat about it. I worked on a guy with prolapsed disks and he was a heavy machine guy, he was back to work in four weeks with physio.

Now as for GSP, he asked for the fight and had been training all along. Who knows how well he can do. Hughes was training for Serra and ended up having to switch gears for the fight. GSP and Jackson said they have been working for a fight with Hughes for months just not pushed the fight prep to the next level.

Could be that no one knows what will happen with Serra or the fight! :wink:

Kensei

Postby a2thej2007 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:29 pm

i stand corrected
100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
Wayne Gretzky
a2thej2007
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby masterchief03 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Can't wait.
masterchief03
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:31 pm

and how in a world do you expect Hughes to win? The way I see it it's gotta be some sorta haymaker that connects and GSP's chin gets in a way. Can you see Hughes pull an armbar? Can you see Hughes outstrike him? Can he outwrestle him? or maybe it will some kinda bizzarre event scenerio a'la GSP vs Serra...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:09 am

I agree

Kensei

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters