Login Sign Up

Matt Serra

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby FEDORisGOD » Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:21 pm

Hughes has armbared GSP before so its not out of the question.

Will he do it again? Probably not.

My prediction is GSP picks him appart from the outside after stuffing some TD's.
FEDORisGOD

Postby famedbauwow » Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:52 am

If Hughes wins, the last thing it will be is a haymaker, Hughes might be able to catch him in a sub early, this fight wont be as lop sided as the second one, Hughes will be on him the whole time, looking for takedowns, not exchanging. He just wont be able to keep GSP down for five rounds. He will get KO or TKO.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:23 pm

If huhges takes the fight then it will by GNP or some shots to the head, I dont see Hughes getting a sub on GSP or getting a take down easy. I also think GSPs speed and ability will get him off the ground if he gets taken down and I also think that he has great take down defense.

I think GSP will KO Hughes again. I dont like hughes but this will be a great fight.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:33 pm

Yes Hughes can only win if GSP pulls another Serra fight. Sloppy kicks, lack of concentration etc.
GSP is too strong to let the redneck just keep slamming him like he did to the others. Hughes's GNP is also kinda weak. In the normal circumstances Hughes is totally outclassed in every aspect against GSP.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:43 pm

44% of his wins were from subs. Hughes is not a joke, but I still dont see him beating the youth and speed of Rush!

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:52 pm

2112 !!!
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Guillaume » Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:19 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:2112 !!!

That is what I think of everytime I hear GSP, and Closer To The Heart of course.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:09 am

what is 2112???

Kensei

Postby Guillaume » Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:27 pm

Kensei wrote:what is 2112???

It is long, but worth the listen. Youtube quality is probably pretty bad. The song is 2112 by Rush.

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOtbWYe7 ... re=related
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOS3NI6IKRQ
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:45 am

Has anyone read the Sherdog latest ranking, what a bunch of clowns, they have Serra at number 1, hes only beat 1 ranked WW and hes number 1, what a joke. All the ranking r ridiculous. last time i saw Gomi he got his ass worked, hes number 1, Fedor i understand but when was his last fight. I guess i dont understand the formula they use to figure these things out.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:00 am

famedbauwow wrote:Has anyone read the Sherdog latest ranking, what a bunch of clowns, they have Serra at number 1, hes only beat 1 ranked WW and hes number 1, what a joke. All the ranking r ridiculous. last time i saw Gomi he got his ass worked, hes number 1, Fedor i understand but when was his last fight. I guess i dont understand the formula they use to figure these things out.

They are horrible. Dont get me started...TO LATE>

first off they list a few guys and drop them down for inactivity, but then they leave Fedor were he is and they put some champions as first place no matter what. They drop randy for leaving the UFC??? and dont go after Barnett for not having a contract, and fighting in fixed fights in a pro wrestling event?? Silliness!!

Kensei

Postby famedbauwow » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:05 am

hey, i agree, no consistancy with how they rank fighters.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:14 am

Ranking fighters is no easy task. The issue remains that the "rankings" seem to have no set criteria for were a fighter goes. Is it Win/loss, dominance, fights in the recent months, challenging fights?, Name value, what????

I mean Fedor is Dominant, has a great record, his name is pretty much the first thing most real MMA fans think of in the HW division, but guy has not faught a challenging match this year and has one fight this year against a MW that McFattened up for the fight! I still see him at number one, but when you look at guys that have four fights this year or challenging matches ext and so on, why is he listed at number one?
The whole thing is silly.

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:54 am

Fedor is # 1 because he beat the #2 guy who has beaten the #3 guy who has TKO'd the #4 guy. Rankings are stupid and Fedor himself said he shouldn't be number 1 for now due to his inactivity but the problem is that Fedor doesn't have a true runner up.

Fedor
Nog
Barnett
Randy
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:46 am

This I agree with, it still sucks.

Kensei

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters