Login Sign Up

Matt Serra

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby famedbauwow » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:24 pm

Well rd 1 is all Tito, in fact the only thing Rashuad did was cut Tito with his thumb, Tito lands more in the stand up and got a takedown, Rashuad did nothing except go for 1 takedown and got stuffed,he did stuff Titos last takedown, So the first minute of the second is all Tito on the feet, at this poit Rashuad is 0-5 on takedowns and has landed 1 punch the whole fight at the 1:20 mark, Randy even coments on how tenative Rachuad has been, 1;05 Tito picks up Rashuad and slams him on his back, when they stand back up Tito looses his point and Rashuad gets his takedown which Tito attemps a Tight gullotine, then Reverses Rashuad at the bell to be on top, Begining of the Third, Rahuad land about three punches before Tito takes him down Tito is visable fatigued, but is 4 for 5 on takedowns at the 4 minute mark, back to there feet, Rashuad eye looks swollen, at the 2:30 mark Rashuad has done nothing, at the 1:30 mark Tito is exhausted and yet Rashuad is still backing up in the standup, the only exchange after that, Tito wins, and at the 30 second mark, Tito pushes Rashuad up agianst the fence, Rashuad reverses and when Tito goes for the Muy Tai clinch Rahuad takes him down.

He looses the whole fight except for the last thirty seconds, he pushed no pace, he danced and ran. If this is why Rashuad is ranked, theres somethin wrong.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:26 pm

damn, i cant believe i analyzed that fight, but my point is that guys like Rashuad shouldnt be ranked, its ridiculous.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:37 am

famedbauwow wrote:damn, i cant believe i analyzed that fight, but my point is that guys like Rashuad shouldnt be ranked, its ridiculous.

you analysed it your way. I have not seen it in a while, but I took a look at some old notes of mine and I did not see it quite your way. You make it seem like Tito walked away with it! he did not! It was close and alot of pro's think Tito got lucky as hell with the fight. I do remember Rashad not pulling the trigger alot in the first round.

Now the reason that he is ranked.....11/0/1? or the fact that he took appart everyone that the UFC has thrown at him, with the exception of Tito, and the guy gets better every fight! Granted he is a long way away from great...but he is darn good, and a tough SOB! Never been KO'd, never sub'd! not many can say that now adays, especially those in the UFC at the top!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby famedbauwow » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:20 pm

well the ones at the top have fought real opponates, Rahsuad hanst looked that good, with the exception of the fact hes undefeated, hes never looked good except against guys who always get KOed. You defently need to watch the Tito fight again. Alot of those pros u talk about just dont like Tito.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:37 am

famedbauwow wrote:well the ones at the top have fought real opponates, Rahsuad hanst looked that good, with the exception of the fact hes undefeated, hes never looked good except against guys who always get KOed. You defently need to watch the Tito fight again. Alot of those pros u talk about just dont like Tito.

This is true, they dont like him...but he sure as hell does not put up a good argument to like him. when he wins he acts like an ass and when he looses he is a whinny bitch! Rashad gets disapointed when he looses and is respectful when he wins. Huh, wonder why they dont like Tito?

That was a funny fight to watch again. You are right the first few rounds tito was doing alot more, but I think that the mid point of the second he was just working to stay alive and Rashad took over. but he did eak that one out based on the fence grabs and the Lay and pray after the take downs.

Kensei

Postby Bauwow30 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Isnt this supposed to be about that lucky, fat, stupid, & arrogant Matt Serra. I really wish he wasnt "supposedly" hurt so i could watch Hughes crush his skull for 5 rounds!
Bauwow30
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:32 pm

Bauwow30 wrote:Isnt this supposed to be about that lucky, fat, stupid, & arrogant Matt Serra. I really wish he wasnt "supposedly" hurt so i could watch Hughes crush his skull for 5 rounds!

The funny thing is that Hughes and Serra are alot alike, but after the 29th the one thing they wont have in common is the belt. GSP and Serra will have one more thing in common however....they will both be the WW champs. and Hughes can watch the fight between those two in complete relaxation as he retires and sits on his farm with his lovely family.

Kensei

Postby famedbauwow » Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:49 am

Sure wish we could have seen Matt at his best one last time, and aginst serra, he would have, but thats the way it goes, now he fights GSP, and wont ever fight Serra, GSP will knock Matt into retirement.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:58 am

famedbauwow wrote:Sure wish we could have seen Matt at his best one last time, and aginst serra, he would have, but thats the way it goes, now he fights GSP, and wont ever fight Serra, GSP will knock Matt into retirement.

While I agree with your statement about GSP knocking Matt into retirement, I think your idea of "matt at his best" is a bit weak. I mean do you think he has to face a lesser opponent for him to be at his best?
I think no matter how Hughes shows up he could be at his best and still get beat or show up at his best and win.

Look at Clay Guida, that dude shows up at his best and looses, and the guy is crazy in the ring. One of the best fighters I have seen for pure entertainment value. Hughes is notthat kind of fighter, he does not show up for the fans, he comes in for the money and fights to win, or sometimes not to lose. I think he will get KO'd but dont be supprised when he pulls some silly shit and gets a ankle kick from GSP and swears it was a ball shot :evil: or gets punched in the gut and yells he got poked in the eye :twisted: I swear that guy is the most illegally hurt dude alive.....what is next? I used to like hughes now I just think he is a great fighter that knows how to work the system to his advantage. Look at the first fight with Newton! And you can argue that in the rematch he beat down Newton, and he did....but if they ruled for Newton hughes would have had to work his way back up the ladder and might not have had the title as long.

anyways, I can not wait for the fight to happen.

Kensei

Postby Bauwow30 » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:21 am

Dude Trigg knee'd him straight in the pills, St Pierre kicked him not once but twice in the balls, & BJ did get him in the eye( but i have a different thinking on that rule, if the guy is trying to hit you and hits you in the eye thats what happends in a fight. Just like the Belfort-Couture II.) I like Matt Hughes & love watching him fight. I cant wait for this fight also and cant wait for him to pummel St Pierre!!!!!
Bauwow30
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:42 am

Bauwow30 wrote:Dude Trigg knee'd him straight in the pills, St Pierre kicked him not once but twice in the balls, & BJ did get him in the eye( but i have a different thinking on that rule, if the guy is trying to hit you and hits you in the eye thats what happends in a fight. Just like the Belfort-Couture II.) I like Matt Hughes & love watching him fight. I cant wait for this fight also and cant wait for him to pummel St Pierre!!!!!

Trigg kneed him in the nuts, once....Hughes made a big deal out of it twice, GSP kicked him in the nuts once...maybe...and the second time he clearly hit him in the knee area! BJ did poke him in the eye...that was fair, but he looks like the world ends when that happens. Other fighters dont bitch as much as him over any accidental hit.

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:20 pm

Serra, I love you Bro. Great guy to have in the UFC and well done for winning the title, shocked the hell out of me. You have however had your fun and GSP is going to maul you in front of his home fans.

Still a few fights left in him before he becomes 1 of the best coaches and trainers in all the game... would love to see him and Mark Laimon have a BJJ feature fight on a UFC card, what a show that would be. go on Serra.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:57 pm

I think GSP will be victorious in the rematch.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Guillaume » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Serra all the way!

All the way to the ER after GSP gets done with him.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:39 am

Serra has had some fun being the shock king but GSP is going to give him a REAL bad night.

Big ups to Serra though for the way he put Laimon in his place and told him exactly what he thought of him. PLEASE guys put an exhibition BJJ fight in a live UFC, that would be amazing.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters