Login Sign Up

Matt Serra

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:28 am

Serra CAN win but for some reason I see Hughes winning a decision.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Reymode » Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:20 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:Serra CAN win but for some reason I see Hughes winning a decision.

Unfortunately I can definately see it that way. Hughes gets a couple takedowns a round and just lays and prays like the way he did against Lytle.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fatbear » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:54 am

I think Hughes will get the take-down and pound Serra out. Hughes by TKO in the second. I'll also predict that Serra will have his moments in the fight. It won't be one a one sided match. Much respect to Serra. He deserves it for getting this far.
fatbear
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Sub-Zero » Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:53 am

fatbear wrote:I think Hughes will get the take-down and pound Serra out. Hughes by TKO in the second. I'll also predict that Serra will have his moments in the fight. It won't be one a one sided match. Much respect to Serra. He deserves it for getting this far.

I think Serra will control the stand-up but I on the ground I see either one of them winning.

Serra via TKO
I`m sure that as long as Fedor keeps training at the same level and with the same determination as he does now, he`ll continue to have no equals in Pride or anywhere else.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:47 am

I think Serra will not make Hughes look the way he did GSP. Hughes has been around a bit to long to go down to a blitz attack like that! I see Serra loosing via GNP or Judges D!

Serra will be a one hit wonder and then drop down to LW were he should be.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Sub-Zero » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:23 am

Um..No. Serra has better striking and better ground than Hughes. Serra will dominate the stand-up battle then Hughes will try and take him down later to be caught in a submission.

Serra via KO or TKO or Sub or Decision
I`m sure that as long as Fedor keeps training at the same level and with the same determination as he does now, he`ll continue to have no equals in Pride or anywhere else.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:40 pm

Sub-Zero wrote:
Um..No. Serra has better striking and better ground than Hughes. Serra will dominate the stand-up battle then Hughes will try and take him down later to be caught in a submission.

Serra via KO or TKO or Sub or Decision

Well, that is how you see it. :wink:
Personally I see it this way, Serra and Hughes both are ground guys, one a BJJ guy and one a wrestler. Both have okay dirty boxing, but nothing to write home about. Hughes has the reach over the mighty midget, and I say that with love! Hughes is also stronger! So the stand up and take downs I think go to Hughes, Just my thinking however.

the ground, well Hughes is a better wrestler, but you are right in thinking that Serra is a better BJJ guy. But that did not stop Hughes from pumelling Gracie, the better of the two BJJ guys between Royce and Matt Serra I would think.

I just dont see him beating Hughes. Hughes is stronger, bigger/longer, has better GNP skills, has great counter BJJ, has stronger boxing and is just stronger.

I think Serras only chance is to force the fight down and hung for a sub before the elbows and fists start to grind him into the matt.

sorry, but I think that Hughes will have his belt back after that fight.

Kensei

Postby Sub-Zero » Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:09 pm

If Hughes wins, he won't hold the belt for long. Guys like GSP, Fitch, Koscheck and Diego will be looking to take it from him.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:37 am

Sub-Zero wrote:If Hughes wins, he won't hold the belt for long. Guys like GSP, Fitch, Koscheck and Diego will be looking to take it from him.

I could not agree more!

Kensei

Postby Reymode » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:15 am

Kensei wrote:
Sub-Zero wrote:If Hughes wins, he won't hold the belt for long. Guys like GSP, Fitch, Koscheck and Diego will be looking to take it from him.

I could not agree more!

Same. Even Karo "Don't You Know Who I Am" Parisyan would give Hughes a run for his money if you ask me.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Sub-Zero » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:17 pm

Yes, I can see Karo throwing Matt on his head and that would be a great match. Karo has all of the tools to make it to the top of the WW division. He needs to fight GSp or Koscheck to solidify a top rank.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby carnage » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:15 pm

Its a shame we dont get to see karo fight more, all of his fights are always exciting to watch, just look at his last fight at 71 but he hasnt fought since and doesnt seem to be on any upcomming cards
carnage
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:13 pm

GSP destroyed Parisyan and if they fought again it might not be such one-sided destruction but still GSP should beat him with an ease. He's cool to watch for sure but my favorite asshole to watch is Diaz.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:47 am

Jewish-Spy wrote:GSP destroyed Parisyan and if they fought again it might not be such one-sided destruction but still GSP should beat him with an ease. He's cool to watch for sure but my favorite asshole to watch is Diaz.

I like Diaz as well, but he is not heading to the UFC any time soon. Hell I am shocked that Dana had his little brother on the show at all. Diaz tends to burn and blow up bridges as he is leaving a group.

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:14 pm

It doesn't matter where but Diaz is to good and too young not to show up somewhere. Having great fights in UFC and a kick ass showing against Gomi is not gonna be forgotten.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters