Login Sign Up

Michael Bisping Matt Hamill rematch: ‘I’m going to be on it

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

Michael Bisping Matt Hamill rematch: ‘I’m going to be on it

Postby Sub-Zero » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:41 pm

UFC President Dana White plans to set up a rematch between Michael Bisping and Matt Hamill as soon as possible, according to Yahoo!Sports.com.

Here’s a snip from White:

“… [the rematch is] a no-brainer and I’m going to be on it right away.”

This past weekend, the light heavyweights were the focus of a controversial split-decision at UFC 75: “Champion vs. Champion,” which went in favor of Bisping — a British fighter who was a local crowd favorite at the O2 Arena in London, England.

Most spectators believe that Hamill did more than enough to earn the decision. However, two of the three judges didn’t see it that way. In fact, FightNetwork.com tracked down one of the judges, Cecil Peoples, for comment on his decision.

Cecil Peoples' explanation..

Here’s a snip from Peoples:

“I gave Bisping the second round, first because Hamill was beginning to run out of gas after the first round. Bisping fought like he wanted that fight. He came back aggressive [from the first round]. Hamill did take him down, but he did nothing with the takedown. Overall, Bisping was more aggressive. Hamill just held him down. Bisping’s punching was more effective.”
I`m sure that as long as Fedor keeps training at the same level and with the same determination as he does now, he`ll continue to have no equals in Pride or anywhere else.

-Voronov.

It's showtime!

-Hamill
Sub-Zero
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:04 am

they need to change the scoring system... this is so terrible!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:56 am

well, peoples should have just said no to the third and fourth pint!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby DoubleUpperCut » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:31 pm

what a sad excuse of an explanation that was from peoples. At least the quotes I read from the other drunk judge made a little sense. But Hamill still owned this fight !
DoubleUpperCut
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Aidan » Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:47 am

First off, good news there will be a rematch, obviously some unfinished business and all that malarky.

I just watched the fight yesterday, regardless of who won the fight, the thing that sticks in my mind is how much Bisping exposed himself as a prententious little bastard. He has a lot of character building to do within himself and to the fans - what's peoples thoughts on this?

Apologies if this has been discussed in another thread, times a healer - i'll get the hang of this soon.
Aidan
White Belt
White Belt

Return to News