Login Sign Up

Mike Bisping

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby fightDR » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:37 am

I agree Hamill should have been given the win in the fight with Bisping, but he wasn't and records say Bisping won. So yes Hamill got robbed and i have stated that on this forum many times.

I agree leben has awesome power in his hands but Bisping has never been KO'd and has a good record against strikers, so is it more that you think Leben is that much better or that you just don't like Bisping??? I am just a fan of his not one of his worshipers or anything lol.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Mike Bisping

Postby fightDR » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 am

I know the UFC main event between Bisping and Leben might not be the biggest and most popular main event in history but the more I see, read and think about it I think we have a sleeper of a brilliant main event on our hands.
Neither man is really good enough to be UFC MW champ but with the skills and styles both men have we could see a really exciting fight. It's not really a good card but this I have a feeling will be fight of the night. I am still really pissed that the Thiago Silva Vs. Machida fight is off and the card has suffered for it.

Go Bisping my son, do it for your country and prove the critics or wrong or I could really get some stick here!!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:06 pm

It's free in the U.S. I cannot complaint! :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:04 am

^^^^^
Lucky buggers, it's most definatly not free here so will have to find some other way to watch my boy win. I am not going to this event either, just didn't see the value in spending all that money on an event which isn't really that good.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:48 am

If Bisping wins tonight or should I say WHEN Bisping wins tonight gainst Leben does he move up the MW rankings much. I mean Yes Leben is a decent fighter but he is hardly one of the top MW's or anything close to it so how much closer does this move Bisping to a title fight.

As much as I like Bisping I see this as the weakest and on paper the worst main event the UFC has ever had, 2 MW's not even in the top 10, how meaningful is this fight I mean really.
For either guy to be noticed the winner would have to put on a great display and win the fight significantly. See I can be honest about my boy LOL
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:16 am

AWESOME, and may I add well done my son.

Not the most convincing win ever but you looked very good against a very dangerous striker. Tacticly brilliant and the best striking shown by Bisping since he got to the UFC. Not exactly a KO puncher but very effective and this win must cement you as a B level fighter.
Now with this win should come a harder fight against better opposition, it's the only way to cement him as a top fighter. Maybe a fight against Nate Marquardt or someone like that. Its defiantly time to see how good this battling brit is.

You guys have to give him some props now and put him a level higher in the MW division now. He looked great and his gameplan was set up and executed brilliantly. He is now a true MMA fighter now and a good one at that.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:11 am

Man, I am not liking how everyone is mimicking Machida now, and sucking at it. At least Machida can do brush blocks and double kicks when he is being elusive. These guys do not even look like they are trying to be elusive, but look like they just want a decision by moving away most of the time. Bisping just did what Kenny did plain and simple. It's smart, but I hate watching. He even said in his interview that he was going for a decision. I am pretty sure you do not want to let the fans know that.

If aggressiveness was were more points you would definitely see some of these fights turn out differently. Considering it is one of ways to score points.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:54 pm

[quote="GrappleorWrestle"]Man, I am not liking how everyone is mimicking Machida now, and sucking at it. At least Machida can do brush blocks and double kicks when he is being elusive. These guys do not even look like they are trying to be elusive, but look like they just want a decision by moving away most of the time. Bisping just did what Kenny did plain and simple. It's smart, but I hate watching. He even said in his interview that he was going for a decision. I am pretty sure you do not want to let the fans know that.

If aggressiveness was were more points you would definitely see some of these fights turn out differently. Considering it is one of ways to score points.[/quote]

Machida?? Oh, I was thinking more Starnes!! I agree on the Agressiveness points issues. In my mind Leben won that fight, he pushed the pace from the first bell to the end and Bisping admiting he was going for a decision.....Cowardly in my mind. A fighter goes in and tries to KO/TKO or sub a opponent, not go in and try to play patty cake and get a judge to say you won. Before anyone brings up Machidas style, he tries for KOs and Subs, he just tries not to get hit doing it. Look at marcus Davis, he is a guy that can stay in the pocket and still avoid getting hit.

Bisping really needs to rethink his style and what he wants to do in order to win a fight, His running away and letting other guys dictate the pace should have earned him his second loss.

Not impressed with him and I kind of hope they do toss him to Anderson for an education!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:12 pm

I hate the fact that Bisping admitted he went for a decision win was bloody stupid, he should have kept that to himself or have more confidence that he could have finished the fight...so agree with you there. There is no way in the world though that Leben won that fight. He didn't land that left hand hardly all fight and as for combinations I don't remember seeing many from Leben where Bisping at least tried to put something together.
He backed off yes but he wasn't running from the fight as he was throwing alot of punches and landing with them to. he just used Lebens aggression against him which is a very smart gameplan when your fighting a guy with Lebens power.

You guys are being harsh to a guy that right now deserves some props.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:42 pm

[quote="fightDR"]I hate the fact that Bisping admitted he went for a decision win was bloody stupid, he should have kept that to himself or have more confidence that he could have finished the fight...so agree with you there. There is no way in the world though that Leben won that fight. He didn't land that left hand hardly all fight and as for combinations I don't remember seeing many from Leben where Bisping at least tried to put something together.
He backed off yes but he wasn't running from the fight as he was throwing alot of punches and landing with them to. he just used Lebens aggression against him which is a very smart gameplan when your fighting a guy with Lebens power.

You guys are being harsh to a guy that right now deserves some props.[/quote]

Here is something else to think of when you argue for Mike, the last five seconds of the fight, Leben put his hands down and behind his back and asked to get hit, after the fight he said that Mikes glove cut him and ripped his scar tissue but he was only rocked a few times.
Leben could not land that left hand of his because it is hard to land a shot on a guy running back wards and not fighting you except with jabs. I have to say however that Mikes strikes and kicks were more technical, he probably was a better striker technique wise, but power and williness to engage...Not so much.

Mike won that fight on points, not heart...not conviction to fight...and not on williness to put it out their.....Leben won those battles and it all depends on your point of view. I respect that he won and your views on him. I am just saying that anyone that hopes to move up in the division better show more balls for me to think he should move up the ranks.
Kensei

Postby Kensei » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:44 pm

and to answer the questions....it seems that the winner of the Fanklin v Henderson fight will be facing Bisping!
Bisping has been announced as a coach on TUF 9 and the winner of the Franklin/Hendo fight will be the other coach!!!

On a side note did anyone else notice that Leben kept calling him bispy???
Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:23 pm

I am being more harsh than normal, true. If Bisping knows he can just ride a decision out like this, what's stopping him from doing it every fight? I do not want to see MMA turn into Boxing. I will give him props for executing his game plan. It worked and he got the decision. But I do not have to agree with his method.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:56 am

I have no problem with guys counter fighting and using someones aggressive style against them if it means they will be potentially walking on to punches but doing that to get a win by decision and not finish a fight is definatly not good for our sport...so I agree with that about Bisping needing to get more agressive and try to win mre decisively. Bisping has develped his striking in all areas now and it is good now and will only get better. He did what he should have done and that was out box the brawler I don't see him using that gameplan against a more authox striker like Franklyn or Kampmann IMO anyway.

As for my thoughts on moving up the ladder to fight better competetion I totally think thats the right thing for him but him a coach for TUF, to soon as he is reasonably new to MMA and not well rounded enough. Also the fact that he will fight the winner or Franklin or Henderson, oh my god that is a jump to high and they will beat his ass...either of them. They are the cream of the MW's alongwith Anderson and not just in the UFC but the world. I would have much rathered see Hendo and Frankie be the TUF coaches then get it on at the end.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Asa87 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:53 am

I saw the fight, was a bit bored. Bisping looked good, he looked as good as he's ever looking and he was using angles and footwork well to create openings for his jabs... not that you really need to 'create openings' when you're fighting Chris Leben. Bisping just looked really scared though like he didnt want to FIGHT leben, he just wanted to keep him away and survive for 15 minutes... which in my eyes is a bit gay. Leben had total Octagon control and i'll say Bisping was moving alot but he was damn near to running, and no one wants to see that in an MMA match.

Bisping looked good.
Leben Looked wild as per usual.
Bisping was boring.
Leben tried to be exciting.

that's about it.
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:13 am

I don't understand how people could have found the Bisping fight boring, he may not have put on a highlight reel display but it was a very technical fight in which his tactics out done Leben who was as predictable as a Jenna Jameson Movie. Yes I am a big Bisping fan so may not be totally impartial but I did have my eyes open and mind to during the fight. I thought he looked quite good and except for him telling the world he went for a decision win it was a very impressive showing.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters