Login Sign Up

MMA conditioning vs. boxing

Re: MMA conditioning vs. boxing

Postby fightDR » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:31 pm

The only thing I have to say on the debate about what combat sport has the best athlets or the most fit people is impossible to say.
However to say MMA guys are lazy as they just lay on one another is rubbish yeah some fighters might do it from time to time but boxers can do the same just standing up clinching. Also you have to rememeber how tough it can be actually get the takedown in the first place as is holding them down there. MMA is more physically demanding I think, but not say boxing and kickboxing are easy as I do not think that for a second.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Asa87 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:56 am

I think boxing is alot easier - cardio wise than mma in so many ways. Wrestling takes so much energy it's unreal. And as for the striking part of mma, i could easily throw 10 jabs or 10 hooks in a row, if I threw 10 round kicks in a row i'd be gassed.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:20 pm

Asa87 wrote:I think boxing is alot easier - cardio wise than mma in so many ways. Wrestling takes so much energy it's unreal. And as for the striking part of mma, i could easily throw 10 jabs or 10 hooks in a row, if I threw 10 round kicks in a row i'd be gassed.

true, I can box for a lot longer time but wrestling as long kills me.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Moldaz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:57 am

I've found that eating like, training as hard and conditioning yourself as a boxer does, but in your respective style or styles, really pays off.
I've also learnt a lot from parkour, pilates, gymnastics and calisthenics.
MMA training is hard, but I find that the majority of boxers train harder than most MMA fighters.
You've just got to make time for it.
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain.
Moldaz
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Previous

Return to Boxing, Kickboxing & Muay Thai