Login Sign Up

My first BJJ Class

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:48 pm

Haha. That reminds me of a friend of mine that joined our dojo. He wanted to learn how to "fight." So the first day he is talking about how he can stand toe to toe with any of the current students, and my instructor gives me the nod. So my friend and I put on gear and step onto the floor. My instructor makes us get into position and asks if we are ready and both of us nod and he starts us. My friend comes in a flurry of haymakers and I just step to the side. He repeats this twice more and I step to the side again. Finally after his third flurry of haymakers I decide to step up to him as he is turning back to face me and when he does I simply smack his hands down and come around with a right cross that knocks him out cold. Little to say after that, but he never came back to class. Yes, I know I could have ended the fight many a different ways, but I wanted him to see my face right before it was over.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:01 am

GoW, you are not my friend... go away ;P
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby malaclypse » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:45 am

GrappleorWrestle wrote:Haha. That reminds me of a friend of mine that joined our dojo. He wanted to learn how to "fight." So the first day he is talking about how he can stand toe to toe with any of the current students, and my instructor gives me the nod. So my friend and I put on gear and step onto the floor. My instructor makes us get into position and asks if we are ready and both of us nod and he starts us. My friend comes in a flurry of haymakers and I just step to the side. He repeats this twice more and I step to the side again. Finally after his third flurry of haymakers I decide to step up to him as he is turning back to face me and when he does I simply smack his hands down and come around with a right cross that knocks him out cold. Little to say after that, but he never came back to class. Yes, I know I could have ended the fight many a different ways, but I wanted him to see my face right before it was over.

there are those days that you regret not bringing your camcorder to the dojo ;-)
LMFM: Lean Mean Fat Machine
malaclypse
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Gurre » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:38 am

haha indeed!!
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: My first BJJ Class

Postby DDale » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:26 am

Hey Steve you should come down and check out the new Gym when it opens. We've got a 15ft cage now :D

Luck,

Dale
Gods of War MMA Token Irish Dude.

Gods of War MMA Reading Berkshire
DDale
White Belt
White Belt

Previous

Return to BJJ, Judo, Submission Wrestling & Wrestling