Login Sign Up

My neighbor does TKD and he wants to Spar

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Kung Fu Moderators

Postby Mike X » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:59 am

Well if ya do... good luck.
The past is past, but the future is unwritten. History from this moment forward is yours to make.
Mike X
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby mma fubar » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:45 am

yah good luck bro dont permanently injure him
American Fighter Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA
mma fubar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Minatour » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:25 pm

Lol, mate...if you have 4 years of muay thai, you will destroy a tkd fighter, even if he was a blackbelt
Minatour
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby ecko » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:55 pm

I gotta agree with Minatour, you will probably destroy him. Use the clinch!
ecko
White Belt
White Belt

Postby mikeDXDX » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:49 am

the best kicks on the world the TKD fighters have
mikeDXDX
White Belt
White Belt

Postby a2thej2007 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:44 pm

bro beat him down i like TKD but i feel it is more for show use the MT and Mollywhop him u will have much more ring exp then him
100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
Wayne Gretzky
a2thej2007
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby HumbleIsaac » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:15 am

Friend, i can advise you to be very cautious.
I feel your neighbor wants to spar to gain experience in the ring.
Might i also say that Tae Kwon Do is the leading art of leg strikes, alot of the time Tae Kwon Do is under estimated, especially by Muay Thai fighters.
A fight a couple of years back a Russian Muay Thai champion (in his prime, around 34 yoa) was put in critical condition from a single high kick to the head by an extremely agile and precise 61 year old TKD master. It appears when he entered to match he decided he would wear him down, chop at the legs and go in tight for elbows and knee strikes, but it appears he did not realise that a true master of TKD has an extensive knowledge of aerial kicks, some of which are the most powerful of all, and are incredible hard to block.

Also, do not under estimate your opponent. Just because he is a redbelt doesn't mean he isn't a great fighter.

I just thought i would share some wisdom.

Enjoy your night.
HumbleIsaac
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:03 pm

HumbleIsaac wrote:Friend, i can advise you to be very cautious.
I feel your neighbor wants to spar to gain experience in the ring.
Might i also say that Tae Kwon Do is the leading art of leg strikes, alot of the time Tae Kwon Do is under estimated, especially by Muay Thai fighters.
A fight a couple of years back a Russian Muay Thai champion (in his prime, around 34 yoa) was put in critical condition from a single high kick to the head by an extremely agile and precise 61 year old TKD master. It appears when he entered to match he decided he would wear him down, chop at the legs and go in tight for elbows and knee strikes, but it appears he did not realise that a true master of TKD has an extensive knowledge of aerial kicks, some of which are the most powerful of all, and are incredible hard to block.

Also, do not under estimate your opponent. Just because he is a redbelt doesn't mean he isn't a great fighter.

I just thought i would share some wisdom.

Enjoy your night.

still waiting :lol:

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Asa87 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:17 pm

I once had a fight with a guy in my year that did TKD, i mean a real fight not sparring. Him and his friend had a fight with me and my friend outside a club one night by a beach. This guy was a black belt in TKD and i had bee training MT fr about 2 and a half years. He was lightning fast, he kicked me about 3 times in one jump!! but after that it was over, i just thai clinched him and landed one knee and a few uppercuts, then we got broken up.

But i think he woulda been out, since then i dont really rate TKD
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:17 pm

i got into it with a TKD black belt back in the day, he kicked me in the body as hard as he could, I took his ass down and laid a beat on him. His instructor came to my club and tried to tell me he wanted to fight, he watched about a half hour of my class and left. I found out later he had been their...by the way, his student was a guy I tossed out of the bar, so I was working at the time.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby HumbleIsaac » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:14 am

Like Sabum, like pupil.
It is disappointing that many of these less experienced TKD instructors are paid to instruct.
How far many arts have fallen...
HumbleIsaac
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Previous

Return to Tae Kwon Do & Kung Fu