Postby Gurre » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:40 am

I got the sudden urge to say:

You know what I mean man?
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby StaffGuru411 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:32 am

retzev wrote:This is sad, sad news.

Might there be a possibility that Pride's upcoming U.S. event in Vegas will generate support from stateside investors interested in pushing Pride's popularity in the U.S. to compete with the UFC?

I saw the first Pride Commercial for the upcoming Vegas event. So far its the best commercial Pride has aired in the United States. High quality, lengthy and with a lot of good highlight reel.

Pride needs to do more of that here in the US. The problem with pride is the poor marketing it has. If they continue to advertise well and get new fans here in the US, Pride can survive. If not? Then it'll have to either shut down or sell to someone else.
"She kneed me in the nutz and called me faggot in front of everyone!"
StaffGuru411
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby DutchBoy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:20 pm

You'd think Pride would be able to stay afloat without having to do shows in the States. I think its all gonna come down to some kind of tv contract. People just need to know about Pride.
DutchBoy
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:10 am

and that is the biggest problem. Due to the suspected links with shady business in Japan alot of the main TV chanells wont cover them. So they loose money big time. they are moving to the states to try and suplament that income. But I am not sure if it is to little to late, I hope not.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby icedtea69 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:15 pm

Theres plenty of exposure! I mean, it comes on channel 65 at midnight.. :wink:
icedtea69
Brown(1) Belt
Brown(1) Belt

elbow in Pride

Postby donovan99 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:36 am

I heard they were going to allow elbow strikes in Pride! I wonder what impact that may have on the competition... is that an advantage to shorter fighters, and fighters with shorter range?
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:06 am

i'd like to know if/when they have pride vs ufc, if they are going to be allowed to knee downed opponents.
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby donovan99 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:41 am

Do they allow knees to a downed opponent?
I think "knees to the head of a downed opponent" are a foul on both PRIDE FC and UFC.
But knees to the body are allowed on both -
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:36 am

pride is allowed to knee to the head on a downed opponent. wanderlei was tearing up sakuraba's head.

i think if you catch an opponent on the ground by a sprawl due to a take down attempt then you should not be allowed to knee to the head. but if you gain that north south belly to back position on your own then i think you should be allowed to knee to the head. but that's just me.
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby donovan99 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:00 am

Yes, you are correct - I looked it up and you knees to the head are allowed in PRIDE:
"PRIDE allows kicking and kneeing the head of a downed opponent who is on his back. This is considered a foul in the Unified Rules, which only allows kicks and knees to the head of a standing opponent."

It would make sense that PRIDE would accept all Unified Rules now that they are under the same owner as UFC - and considering the fact that someone mentioned (during a conference call) that elbows to the head will now be allowed in PRIDE (after the April Matches).
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Previous

Return to News