Login Sign Up

Obliques aka Love handles

Obliques aka Love handles

Postby xentpik » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:09 pm

I was wondering if anyone knew of some easy exercises that can be done to get rid of love handles as well as get a more muscular feeling stomach.
xentpik
White Belt
White Belt

Postby bryan_hel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:07 pm

i am no expert but do know that any thing worth haveing is worth working for and that by trying to find a easy short cut will get ypu knopw where fast
bryan_hel
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Gurre » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:52 am

yeah I have one... go for a jog every morning before breaky and make sure you eat alot of protein.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Kensei » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:08 am

The only way to lose love handles, is to work hard at dropping weight. Building muscle up under them will just make them bigger...but you will burn more calories with more muscle...so do the sit ups and twists...but eat right...and like Guree said, do some cardio!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby xentpik » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:06 am

Thanks... I am currently doing a ton of cardio, but I was just trying to achieve a bit faster results than what I am currently seeing... not trying to find a short cut.. more of a focused exercises to work on the abs and obliques.
xentpik
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Obliques aka Love handles

Postby ryguy557 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:32 pm

spot reduction is impossible..you cannot do an exercise that will eliminate fat in one area....so doing explosive cardio activities (wind sprints, hang cleans during your workout,etc.) will help for that...when doing explosive things,your body needs to do one movement,with as much energy as it can use...so this requires more calories,as opposed to endurance cardio,where you may be using calories,but not as many,and for longer periods of time
ryguy557
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Obliques aka Love handles

Postby xentpik » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:26 pm

Thanks for the tips...
xentpik
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Supplements, Diet, Equipment & Weight Training