Login Sign Up

one of the big issues with TUF

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

one of the big issues with TUF

Postby Kensei » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:09 am

Yah, not like we dont have thousands to bitch about but....I watched the issue that Roy Neilson had with Rashad and his team and had to laugh! I mean it was silly. Yah, Roy is a big goofy guy but I think the coaches, especially that skinny dorky boxing coach, need to step back and think for a second.

Roy is 13/4 and has been running rough shot in the IFL for a while before it went tits up. He has only been KO'd once and that was by AA and a flash KO were he bounced back to find out he was done. he may be a stand out by the "lions den" a group I perticularly like to make fun of them. He has also trained with Tito Ortiz, Randy couture and had earned a black belt in JJ and has won many ADCC competitions. Known as a great grappler with great striking power. His record and skills speak for themselves. Roy has a serious back ground in many different teaching styles from different coaches and he may look round and soft, but he hits like a jack hammer and can grapple you in to a knot.

Rashad on the other hand it 13/1/1 and had been the UFC LHW champion. He started off as a wrestler, as many do, and then moved to Greg Jacksons group to learn striking, were he picked up some kick boxing and boxing. He would not know a submission is it jumped up and bit his ass! But he can fight a dull ass fight or TKO you. Roy could teach Rashad a thing or two if he did not have his rather swollen head lodged up his ass! Rashad comes from one of the best strategic camps in MMA but that does not make him the best strategic mind in MMA! He also Just got KO'd in his last fight by a guy that is not a KO artist. Roys only KO was by a KO artist!

Trevor Wittman, the tall skinny guy yelling at Big country is a light weight guy that has alot of amature boxing fights under his belt. He hurt himself in boxing and had to go to coaching. Fine...But the guy has zerio time in the MMA ring and even if Roy is acting the joke he should keep his mouth shut! ghe guy is an assistant coach that should recognize that Royknows what he is doing! He was the one trying to yell at Roy the whole time and it was funny. Roy was like "Dude I eat more than you weigh" Wittman is known to be one of the best Boxing coaches in MMA, but he is a n Assistant for a reason, he should focus on teaching guys how to throw leather, something Roy does not need by the way. He has worked with some of the best boxing coaches around....and Wittman does not match up!

The other coaches are Greg Jackson, who was not their because he is only dropping in to help not living in the mess and the last was Mike Van Arsdale. He was not exchited or upset, probably thought it was silly...and it was.

The point being that Rashad should be looking toRoy to help out not yell at him and make him pissed. Besides the whole thing kind of lookd like the Junior yelling at the senior to me! Silly, funny and Rashad showing he is a moron and Trevor showing he is a crap coach.

Personally I think it was all marketing and Editing for the show but it makes Rashad look like an ass!!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Re: one of the big issues with TUF

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:45 am

i actually read a blog of big countrys saying how the show didnt depict the exact situation. they would never put theirselves at blame lol. of course..........but i agree kensei.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:29 am

Well, although Kensei has a good point, I think it is also for Roy's best interest to get a different perspective and possibly up his game a little - he did lose 4 times so it's obvious he has some wholes in his game (well maybe three, I though he won against Ben Rothwell, or two since I though he also won against Monson). By the way, he lost two in a row coming into the show. Roy needs to let his ego aside (as accomplished as he is), it doesn't hurt to learn a thing or two even if you don't utilize it - and maybe one of them is a technique to win the judges votes.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:25 am

you never know it all. there shouldnt be a day in your life you dont learn SOMETHING about or from something. if you eventually THINK youve learned it all create soemthing new lol.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Asa87 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:10 am

Is roy nelson all that good? he sure talks the talk and I could do with him being a bit more modest to be honest. But I havn't researched him or know where his skills lie. I mean having a BJJ Black speaks for itself, so maybe I havn't been giving him enough credit so far. We shall see this week when he matches up against kimbo.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:25 am

He got his BJJ Black Belt from Renzo Gracie, he is definately legit.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:23 pm

yea i say hes definately legit. just dont get caught. thats all it takes for ANYONE to lose.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:29 pm

qwerty wrote:Well, although Kensei has a good point, I think it is also for Roy's best interest to get a different perspective and possibly up his game a little - he did lose 4 times so it's obvious he has some wholes in his game (well maybe three, I though he won against Ben Rothwell, or two since I though he also won against Monson). By the way, he lost two in a row coming into the show. Roy needs to let his ego aside (as accomplished as he is), it doesn't hurt to learn a thing or two even if you don't utilize it - and maybe one of them is a technique to win the judges votes.

I half agree, however....is a "game show" setting the right place to sit back and change your game plan. I mean that is like going into a fight and that week changing coaches. Someone like Kimbo...who has NO game plan might benefit from this, but someone like Big Country probably will get thrown more.

If he was looking for a good coach he would not go on a show were it is a crap shoot. First off the boxing guy has never been a head coach, and that scronny fuck was the biggest open mouth in the show. And often a fighter is not the best coach or guy to push you. Van Arsdale did not say a word and he would be the single guy I would listen to of the bunch!

My point is that big country might be able to show Rashad a thing or six. he has more than a wrestling back ground with some striking. and his Jitsu is ten times better.

Kensei

Postby Kensei » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:33 pm

while I often say that Ben does not "need" to take crap from those guys he also might learn something. But the point it teach him, have a chat with him...but ganging up on him in a room with cameras is not the way to show the guy he might learn something. Maybe a quick word from Rashad would have been better.

Not only is Roy a BJJ black belt from a ultra legit source, he is a golden gloves boxer with good kick boxing. were as Rashad is a wrestler......(add crickets churping!)

And the scronny white dude is a ex boxer ....( add more crickets churping)

Van Arsdale is a wrestler.....(yet more crickets)

No BJJ?? Maybe Roy is more needed then they know...perhaps they should let him do some of the coaching!

Kensei

Postby Kensei » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:41 am

The second biggest thing that dislike about this season is RAMPAGE himself. That is the second time one of his fighters was taken out and he just sat their bitching. He did not go in the ring, nor did Tiki or any of the other coaches. Hell, his fighter was choked right out and he just sat their bitching. He might say it is not disrespectfull but Rashad and both of his coaches are right in their making sure that the fighters are safe and okay physically and Mentally. Then to fight Rashad over it....it is a damn good thing that Rampage reitired to be a flash in the pan actor! He sucks as a coach, sucks as a compasionet guy and is very self centered. I hope his movie flops and he is out of two jobs! WHat a JERK!

Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:44 am

i agree kensei. there is NO excuse for not chekcing the status of a passed out fighter. i mean he was OUT! rampage just sat there, didnt even look his way really and didnt seem to even care in the slightest that he was done.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:19 am

Here is an awesome clip between Tiki and Rashad! : http://www.spike.com/video/tiki-challenges/3269209
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:34 am

thats good qwerty. kinda funny but i will say it seems that rashad may have held onto ittoo long but he still is am uch better fighter imo and person, from what ive seen.BUT, editing could be an amzing thing.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:21 am

yes, they could've easily portrayed Rashad as the bad guy if they want too instead of Rampage.... that's reality tv for you.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:43 am

yup. the things i hate abnout "reality" tv.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Next

Return to MMA & NHB