Login Sign Up

Quinton Jackson

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Master-Doug » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:52 am

are you serious ? we all know Jackson is going to kill Griffin.
and you are right he is not the best fighter but he is way better than Griffin
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:03 am

Master-Doug wrote:are you serious ? we all know Jackson is going to kill Griffin.
and you are right he is not the best fighter but he is way better than Griffin

as a heart attack. Come on only a fool would write off someone like forrest. He beat Rua and made it fun to watch and was never really in trouble. I never said that Griffin was going to beat Rampage, I said I would not write him off. I would not be shocked if he beat Jackson!

Jacksons issue is he is lazy, in training and often in the ring. His coach has to get after him to train hard. Forrests trainers have to kick him out of the gym so he does not over train.

Jackson sometimes shows up and is a bit to relaxed and not very agressive. Forrest is crazy in the ring and wont stop striking or working Jitsu till he is out or won.

Jackson is a great wrestler with heavy hands, but Forrest is a great Jitsu guy with heavy hands.

I could see forrest winning or jackson winning, what I AM saying is that this will be a close and good fight that will be decided on the heart of the fighter and the luck of the fighter. It is not as one sided as some thing it is.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:18 am

I like both of them. It's a sad day when you have to watch some of your favorites fight each other. Rampage is a Tennessee boy and Griffin is Griffin. They both are entertaining and love the action.

I think Rampage can GnP, SLiO, and KO Griffin. But Griffin also knows how to survive.

As to the Shogun fight, that wasn't the same Shogun and we all know it. No disrespect to Griffin, but go to Pride rules and see what happens.

Anywhere from 3-5 rounds the Rampage vs. Griffin fight. I do not think it will end early.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:20 am

Rampage has serious KO power though. Much more KO power than anyone Forrest has fought in recent time. If Jardines shots can put Forrest on his ass then IM sure Rampage can KHTFO. Forrest also has the heart to bang with almost anyone and that may cost him against Rampage.

Page by KO, but counting out Forrest is ignorant. Hes tough as nails.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Master-Doug » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 am

FEDORisGOD

Rampage has serious KO power though. Much more KO power than anyone Forrest has fought in recent time. If Jardines shots can put Forrest on his ass then IM sure Rampage can KHTFO. Forrest also has the heart to bang with almost anyone and that may cost him against Rampage.

Page by KO, but counting out Forrest is ignorant. Hes tough as nails.

I have the same opinion you do.
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:06 pm

How do you agree with what FiG just said, you pretty much said you don't give Griffin a chance and thats not what he said. make your mind up.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Master-Doug » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:24 pm

well a fight is a fight and you never knows what can happen but i think rampage is going to kill forrest
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:17 pm

If Forrest moves well on his feet and fights tactically smart he has a chance. If he gets into an exchange he's gonna go to sleep.
Rampage dropped Chuck with one shot and as shitty of fighter as Chuck might be he never got knocked out like that.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby mma fubar » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:38 pm

i wouldnt go as far as caling chuck a shitty fighter
American Fighter Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA
mma fubar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:58 pm

Yeah It's a VERY bold statement to call Chuck a shitty fighter. He has never lost to chumps only real good fighers and his recent fight with Wandi was fantastic...
Chuck got over confident in his striking when he fought Rampage and prob understimated his stand up.
Rampage has improved his hands so much and really looking good throwing and awesome power.
Forrest however will come in expecting Rampage to strike with him, he has to fight smart and I think he will. this will be an awesome fight...Rampage wins 70% of the time but this time I can see forrest taking him.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:45 pm

First off all I typed: "As shitty of a fighter as he MIGHT BE.." which emphasizes that there are many who think and say that. Of course there still plenty who love him. As far as I'm concerned I'll type this: Chuck has a good TD defense, aolid chin and can knock out anyone. There is no technique or speed in the things he's good at, he's just tough. To me he's a bit better than an average fighter.
I agree (if I read you right) the odds are about 70% for rampage in this fight
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:55 pm

Well, it appears that "RAMPAGE" JACKSON might not be fighting for awhile. His dumbass was in a high speed pursuit! He did a few hit and run on the way! SHIT, that's right you lost to FORREST GRIFFIN! DEPRESSION SUCKS doesn't RAMPAGE?!?!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:15 pm

lol
FEDORisGOD

Postby fightDR » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:54 pm

What a stupid Mo-Fo, true championship spirit he has eh!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Tchernobog » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:58 pm

KEK
Tchernobog
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters