Login Sign Up

Randy Couture

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby stevebags » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:13 pm

High kick = Nap time wrote:Honestly I respect Josh ALOT more now, he doesn't really have much skill. But dude if that kid had half the skill of some top fighters he'd be a 15 time defending champ. As much heart as ANYONE I've ever seen. Ed also has MAAAAD heart, those triangles and that rear choke were all TIIIIIIGHT. A lesser fighter woulda taped. If he had been in better shape cardio wise he wouldn't have gassed and most likely woulda dominated like he did in the first round. So Josh left it ALL out there in the ring and so did Ed. I think Ed thought Kendall would be easier than that so he dind't get in great shape. He's his own worst enemey.
the triangles werent tight and the rnc was close but he knew there werent long left and on the fitness side i blame shamrock, tito got kendalls cardio off the scale and he kept it there. I know it sounds silly blaming shamrock but all of titos guys were fitter when they left as kens were un fitter imo
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:16 pm

Definitely. Tito pushed his team to the max and made sure they improved. Even if they did not want to improve their cardio Tito made them. They had no choice but to improve.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:24 pm

i think after the TUF show was over, Ed Herman didnt stay with Shamrock. Kendall stayed with Tito because they talked about it, but they never mentioned Ed Herman and Shamrock working together. and actually, Shamrock was in the audience and not in Ed Herman's corner. So you cant blame Shamrock for Herman's conditioning after the show (during the show yes). the show was done some time ago, Herman had plenty of time to get his cardio up.
Last edited by JimmysEgo on Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:51 pm

True, but even then his cardio would not have been like Kendall's. Kendall was ahead of Ed in cardio during the show and would have stayed ahead after since he trained with Tito.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:37 pm

yeah tito sure stresses about cardio. i hate cardio training. but i know how important it is. but it's always the one i'm most likely to skip on a lazy day.
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Jun 28, 2006 6:39 pm

Yes same here and that seems to be my weakness at the moment. I know its important, but I just cannot seem to push myself and do cardio work.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby High kick = Nap time » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:23 pm

EVERYONE hates Cardio, well I suppose not everyone. . . just the sane people. It is a test of ones heart though, to push yourself when all your muscles are burning, and your lungs feel like they're on fire. Rule of thumb if you're not puking then you need to keep running LoL
...Ill crack your fucking head wide open in front of everybody. And just about the time when I'm coming out of jail...hOpefully...you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what, Ill split your fucking head open again.
High kick = Nap time
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:30 pm

That is how our wrestling practices went. We would not stop wind sprints, up downs, or our shooting drills until someone puked.
Last edited by GrappleorWrestle on Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:40 pm

what happened to the puker? did he get punished by the coach but rewarded by the rest of the team?
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby High kick = Nap time » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:41 pm

THAT'S how you know you're training, I remember doing up downs in TKD till I puked once when I was 1st Dan.

The worst was when this dude was testin for his 1st dan, and in my school that meant fighting 1 1st dan to start, then another every minute till you're fighting 5 for the last minute. No one ever wins, it's a test of heart. Anyway this guy was testing and I was his first, everything was going as usual, then I caught em with a reverse side kick in the gut and he puked all over the place =/ Dude had heart though, he wanted to keep going LoL
...Ill crack your fucking head wide open in front of everybody. And just about the time when I'm coming out of jail...hOpefully...you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what, Ill split your fucking head open again.
High kick = Nap time
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:51 am

Yes, the puker usually had to run an additional 10 wind sprints, 50 up downs, and 5 minutes straight on our two major shooting drills. On top of that he had to clean his puke up and then clean all the mats after practice.

If noone puked after an hour of doing either of those drills we moved on to another and usually after 2hrs if noone has puked they would stop. But that is only if we did those drills in the middle or beginning of practice. Because after that the real practice started.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:09 am

....crazy
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:23 am

What are you saying you guys have never had to train like that?
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby High kick = Nap time » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:24 am

Never that hard for that long, your coach was the fucking DEVIL!!

Longest I've trained that hard for str8 was a lil over an hour in my 2nd Dan TKD class. Was a 2 hr class, and we'd do cardio work for an hour then the real training started.

Yeah after thinking about it for a bit I've come to the conclusion that your coach was Satan!
High kick = Nap time
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby stevebags » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:53 am

remember this when cardio training:
pain is only weakness leaving the body
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters