Login Sign Up

Randy Couture

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Randy could beat Nog simply because his wrestling is much better and he knows how to apply it to a cage. Nog also doesnt have the power in his hands to hurt Randy when hes coming in. However, I think Nog has a bigger chance of submitting Randy than Randy has going 5 rounds w/o getting subbed. We all know Randy wont TKO/KO Nog so the question is, Can Randy go 5 rounds with Nog w/o getting swept and submitted? I dont think so but if anyone can do it, its Randy.

I dont think Randy could beat Fedor because unlike Nog's wrestling which horribly lacks explosiveness and speed, Fedor's wrestling is VERY good and his take down defense is excellent. Randy is usually able to set up his TD's with his hands, IMO Fedor would keep his distance and light up Randy from the outside like Chuck did. Chuck avoided the clinch and contact and dropped bombs on Randy whenever Randy came in for the clinch. I think Fedor, unlike Nog has the punching power to stop Randy the same way from the outside.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Master-Doug » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:35 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:Randy could beat Nog simply because his wrestling is much better and he knows how to apply it to a cage. Nog also doesnt have the power in his hands to hurt Randy when hes coming in. However, I think Nog has a bigger chance of submitting Randy than Randy has going 5 rounds w/o getting subbed. We all know Randy wont TKO/KO Nog so the question is, Can Randy go 5 rounds with Nog w/o getting swept and submitted? I dont think so but if anyone can do it, its Randy.

I dont think Randy could beat Fedor because unlike Nog's wrestling which horribly lacks explosiveness and speed, Fedor's wrestling is VERY good and his take down defense is excellent. Randy is usually able to set up his TD's with his hands, IMO Fedor would keep his distance and light up Randy from the outside like Chuck did. Chuck avoided the clinch and contact and dropped bombs on Randy whenever Randy came in for the clinch. I think Fedor, unlike Nog has the punching power to stop Randy the same way from the outside.

so you are basically saying Nog is not a good wrestler ?
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Guillaume » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Not as good as Randy.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:45 am

I think Fig is saying that Randy is a better wrestler, not that Nog is a bad wrestler. It aint all black and white! :wink:

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Master-Doug » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:24 am

Kensei wrote:I think Fig is saying that Randy is a better wrestler, not that Nog is a bad wrestler. It aint all black and white! :wink:

well i dont think Randy is a better wrestler than nog,
i actually think nog is better than him in the ground
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:53 am

Master-Doug wrote:
Kensei wrote:I think Fig is saying that Randy is a better wrestler, not that Nog is a bad wrestler. It aint all black and white! :wink:

well i dont think Randy is a better wrestler than nog,
i actually think nog is better than him in the ground

Now, you are showin how green you are I think....wrestling skills and BJJ skills are not the same thing. A great wrestler may not have good submissions, and a BJJ fighter may be shit at wrestling. Nogs Wrestling is not as good as Randys is the comment and probably correct, but Randy is not as good at BJJ as Nog is.

I have to agree with him on this one. Randy is a way better "WRESTLER" than NOG is but NOG is a better BJJ fighter.

Wrestling is not BJJ and BJJ is not wrestling....kind of like a Apple and a Bannana...both fruit (grappling) but not the same....Get it??

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:03 pm

This coming from a guy who though Kickboxing and Muay Thai are the same thing...Now Wrestling and bjj OMG this from a Brazilian too apparently.
So we have had McDojo's recently now we have a McMMA fan (Yes i am aware that sounds corny LOL just stealing a Mc Quote from Gurre, well sort of anyway?)
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:13 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: McMMA fan :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kensei

Postby Gurre » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:30 pm

haha never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd be the one getting quoted
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fightDR » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Gurre wrote:haha never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd be the one getting quoted

Come on man, your our Yoda lol. how much of an anarak do i sound lol.
Since I heard you mention McDojo I have used Mc all the time for lots of different stuff. I think i have developed a tweak or something.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:53 pm

Gurre wrote:haha never thought I'd live to see the day where I'd be the one getting quoted

it takes a tough son of a bitch to wear a pink belt....all of us know that :wink:

Kensei

Postby Gurre » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:47 pm

fightDR wrote:

Come on man, your our Yoda lol. how much of an anarak do i sound lol.
Since I heard you mention McDojo I have used Mc all the time for lots of different stuff. I think i have developed a tweak or something.

you developed a McTweak ;)

Kensei wrote:it takes a tough son of a bitch to wear a pink belt....all of us know that ;)

haha for sure... I always wear my pink belt and on the back of my patch it says "serious P.I.M.P"
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:45 am

so how long does Randy have to sit on the sidelines?
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Depends on two things, his contract and the courts.

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:43 pm

Randy won his freedom in the courts. His contract with the UFC expires in september, I believe.
FEDORisGOD

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters