Login Sign Up

Randy Couture

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby fightDR » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:00 pm

I know he has a great history in the sport but honestly, I am not overly excited by him fighting again. Although I would love to see Fedor beat his ass so bad.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:48 pm

I agree he's not too pleasing to watch. I mean he's more appealing than say Sherk Hughes or Rashad but I even prefer to watch Tim than Randy
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:26 pm

What ever happened with Randy vs Kurt Angle on the submission matchup?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:43 pm

qwerty wrote:What ever happened with Randy vs Kurt Angle on the submission matchup?

Gotta say I have no idea and to be honest...who really cares that much!!! don't mean to be rude but seriously come on :roll:
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:23 am

When is this court ruling supposedly over? I though it will end sometime this month.

I gotta say, Randy always says he wants to fight the best... well, what if TIMMY defeats Fedor. Does Randy still want to fight Fedor then? Will Randy go back to the UFC and fight Nog instead (Mir has a 1% chance of beating Nog)?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:59 am

Well Randy can not claim to be the best HW in the world...IMO he ducked Big Nog and for that reason he can never say differernt as far as I am concerned. The nerve of the guy to say the UFC doesn't have a fight big enough for him really pissed me off as I do believe that Nog on current form is the No 1 in the world. Feodr has the quality to be No 1 but hasn't fought of late thats why I say Nog.

Randy should have stayed in the UFC just to fight Nog. I really believed he ducked him. After that fight fine go chase Fedor. Randy will never go back to the UFC, his pride just wouldn't let that happen and to be honest he would look lke such a dick if he did.

Randy is definatly up their in the HW rankings, better than almost everyone, but I do believe Fedor would beat his ass and Nog would sub him so to me No 3 at best.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:06 am

The more I think about it the more I think Randy wanted to retire again and needed a way out.

Now he can watch his wife get her ass kicked in teh ring and he can stay healthy and just grow older.

No Skamrock retirement for him, just jump out of the ring and make enough noise doing it that he is in the lime light as much as possible.

Randy = Bitch!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Re: Randy Couture

Postby winklec » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:07 pm

YH yh as we all know Couture is a All-time legend but dnt u think it was right for him to retire! Hes like 42 and head shots at that age can cause long term effects look at muhaamad Ali!
winklec
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:45 pm

does Randy really want to go in the ring with Fedor?
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:41 pm

In a word....No. I dont think he actually wants to fight the guy. But that is just the way I see it. I am SURE others will say I am wrong.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby mgibbs » Sat Aug 29, 2009 9:40 pm

I just watched randy Couture V's minotauro nogueira and It was a great fight but I think randy may find it hard to fight ture Heavy weights So I was wondering what people think and also how great would be be to see randy drop to light heavy weight again and fight Lyoto Machida and show the young bucks how a true MMA chap fights and become the first man to be a 6 time UFC champ 3 time heavy and 3 time light heavy. Reply and let me know what you think
mgibbs
White Belt
White Belt

Postby qwerty » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:15 pm

He could fight Coleman after Tito beats him, I would like to see that fight :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby shift » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:01 am

Randy put on great performance last night. Even though he lost I am impressed by
1. The fact that he was knocked on his ass twice (pounded with hammer fists at one point) and got right back in it.
2. He still remains unsubmitted.

Impressive. Very impressive. I wanna be like him when I get old
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:33 pm

[quote="shift"]Randy put on great performance last night. Even though he lost I am impressed by
1. The fact that he was knocked on his ass twice (pounded with hammer fists at one point) and got right back in it.
2. He still remains unsubmitted.

Impressive. Very impressive. I wanna be like him when I get old[/quote]

past prime or not i agree 1000000%
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:43 pm

Randy showed that even if he gets in trouble he is calm and he has that crazy ability to not get subbed out. His ability is with out question even for an older guy. NOG looked really good as well. But lets be truethful do you think either will sub or KO brock for the belt?

Randy has a few interesting fights left in him and he could shock the world again. he looked awsome and in great shape and even if his chin is not the greatest...he is still not bad. I have to say that the reffing was much better on this fight than the Brock fight. He had the same thing happen to him in that fight and they stopped it. Granted Brock would have just kept on blasting him.......
Kensei

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters