Login Sign Up

Randy Couture

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Randy Couture

Postby Gurre » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:15 am

Randy "the natural" Couture

Randy is the only man to ever hold a belt in the UFC in two differant weight classes.

He's been a major force in the LHW division ever since he dropped down from the HW division in 2003.

He's fought alot, and is a phenomenon of MMA today. He is 42 years old and still veyr much at the top of his game.

His merits in the ring are great, but before MMA he was a very talented wrestler. He is known for his dirty boxing and takedowns. He has great controll and cool when fighting.

He weighs in at 205lbs (93kg) and is 6'1 (185cm) tall.

His all time pro MMA record is 13 - 7 - 0 (Win - Loss - Draw)
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:55 pm

A great athlete, wish i could be in his shape at his age, any one think he will beat Chuck @ Randy v Chuck 3 ( eye gouges not permitted)
Personally i think Chuck will win but should be a good fight not a classic but still a good fight
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:47 am

yeah it's gonna be close that's for sure. Chuck's thumbs are fishy...
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby famedbauwow » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:56 am

Just wanted to say that Randy coture is my hero, captain america, but by far the classiest fighter ever, hard to believe he is a fighter when just talking to him, but defently is a shame now that he is retired, mma will miss him for sure
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Gurre » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:37 am

for sure.... too bad he slipped, still time caught up with him and I think he made a wise choice.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby thedon » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:07 pm

randy coutour UFC Hall of Famer...he deserved it
thedon
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:11 pm

Of course he did. If anyone deserves it, it is Couture. I wish the best in what he does. Has he said if he will continue to help Team Quest or not?
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby stevebags » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:17 am

Team quest is Randys and cant imagine him not being a coach for them and he will want to be involved in mma as an active participant not just as a commentator.
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:33 am

I agree with Steve. Randy is one of the founders...
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:04 am

Gurre wrote:I agree with Steve. Randy is one of the founders...

Yes I know this, but I have not heard him say anything about this. I did not know if he would continue to support them or actually coach. His advice would be a Godsend to most people.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:44 am

for sure, Randy is a great coach!
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:29 pm

i think he automatically presumes people will know that he will continue with Team Quest and all the best to him
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:13 pm

Speaking of Team Quest how did you think Ed Herman and Josh Haynes held up the Team Quest name?
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby High kick = Nap time » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:04 pm

Honestly I respect Josh ALOT more now, he doesn't really have much skill. But dude if that kid had half the skill of some top fighters he'd be a 15 time defending champ. As much heart as ANYONE I've ever seen. Ed also has MAAAAD heart, those triangles and that rear choke were all TIIIIIIGHT. A lesser fighter woulda taped. If he had been in better shape cardio wise he wouldn't have gassed and most likely woulda dominated like he did in the first round. So Josh left it ALL out there in the ring and so did Ed. I think Ed thought Kendall would be easier than that so he dind't get in great shape. He's his own worst enemey.
...Ill crack your fucking head wide open in front of everybody. And just about the time when I'm coming out of jail...hOpefully...you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what, Ill split your fucking head open again.
High kick = Nap time
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:24 pm

plus he's too cocky. cocky people tend to not train as hard. ala nick diaz.
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Next

Return to Fighters