Login Sign Up

Randy: "I'm NOT Retiring, Im just leaving the UFC."

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

Postby Guillaume » Sun Oct 28, 2007 6:28 pm

White is a business men, a controlling one. He brought the UFC to a huge status in the U.S. very craftily, using The Ultimate Fighter, and he wants to keep his monopoly on Mixed Martial Arts in America, and trying to spread the U.F.C. at the same time internationally.

Looking at what he has done and the way he conducts his business he is very serious about making sure there is no competition with the UFC. He bought out Pride, is unwilling to allow his biggest attractions to fight in non-UFC events (Randy's contract and Fedor's contract), and is very successful.

White is a very good businessmen and presents himself possibly better than any other person, dressing in disarming clothes, using common language, and seeming like the guy at the bar who knows what he is talking about. He has built himself and his company extremely well.

But if Randy is greedy, White is controlling.
Guillaume
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:58 pm

This reads like an investor's perspective. Yes when I invest I like my securities to be monopolies. MMA however is something I enjoy watching as a fan therefore I showcase my hatred and disgust towards White.
By the way, I hate that UFC has become so well known. I've always liked things to stay underground. I still enjoy putting on my Kill'Em All vinyl released on the original Megafore Records and thrash to it.
Now you see and hear all these idiots in clubs talking MMA. Some of them have even watched for more than a year... impressive!
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:58 am

Jewish-Spy wrote:This reads like an investor's perspective. Yes when I invest I like my securities to be monopolies. MMA however is something I enjoy watching as a fan therefore I showcase my hatred and disgust towards White.
By the way, I hate that UFC has become so well known. I've always liked things to stay underground. I still enjoy putting on my Kill'Em All vinyl released on the original Megafore Records and thrash to it.
Now you see and hear all these idiots in clubs talking MMA. Some of them have even watched for more than a year... impressive!

LMAO, you know it is funny. About five six years ago some of the young guys in the club used to chat about the "Newest thing" this UFC thing were guys fight with "no rules" ext and so on. For a guy that actually saw the first one as an adult this is bringing back memories! See when guys like you came on the sceen as fans others rolled their eyes and thought "what a dork". My only hope is that those morons in the club with a "year" under their collective belts end up being as intellegent a fan as guys like FIG and Stevebags, Gurre and LL!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:02 pm

and when did I come on the scene according to you?
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:06 am

Jewish-Spy wrote:and when did I come on the scene according to you?

How the hell would I know, JS...I did not hold your hand and walk you to the PPV....Geez, what a silly question.... :shock:

I think you not only missed the point...you might not be able to get it at all!!! :lol: :lol:

Kensei

Postby Ground'nPound » Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:51 am

Fedor needs to prove himself soon.
Ground'nPound
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:50 pm

Miss your point..? Here's what you typed:
>>See when guys like you came on the sceen as fans others rolled their eyes and thought "what a dork".<<
Therefore I asked you when I started watching MMA as you seem to know it better than me :)
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:21 am

Jewish-Spy wrote:Miss your point..? Here's what you typed:
>>See when guys like you came on the sceen as fans others rolled their eyes and thought "what a dork".<<
Therefore I asked you when I started watching MMA as you seem to know it better than me :)

Yup that is what I typed...and you still dont get it :shock:

Kid, I dont know when you started watching MMA, go back and RE-Read what I posted.....I was makeing a general statement and it still rings true. When I started doing Sambo and Karate, someone their thought I knew nothing...Now I teach Karate all over and I retired from competing in Judo and Sambo with my black belt and probably around 90-100 tournaments under my belt, I now coach national champions in semi contact Karate, give seminars on Karate and the other day my instructor called me a "Dork"...well in Japanese!

My point is first off no matter how much you think you know...someone knows more, or has a more effective point of view! And no matter when you started...someone started before you and has more experience.

Now, that being said...I was getting at that you should cut some of the newbies some slack.....Some of them have a different perspective and might actually teach you something! Not only that...but at one point you were just like them...I dont know when, but you were...I was....Guree was...LL was...Stevebag was...and FIG...well maybe he was born with MMA in his blood..but he was too!

Now do you get it..I was not insulting you or looking for a troll fight! I was simply pointing out a fact..we all started sometime! :wink:

Now have a nice day :lol:

Kensei

Postby Ground'nPound » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:00 pm

Thanks for sticking up for the newbies kensei. Gentleman.
Ground'nPound
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:38 pm

Ground'nPound wrote:Thanks for sticking up for the newbies kensei. Gentleman.

LOL, I have been accused of a lot of things, but that is a first. :lol:

No, really we were all their once, it is just sad when we forget that!

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:55 am

Kensei your explanation makes no sense and it misses my point. I don't disrespect newer MMA fans, spectators whatever.. it all started out with White being a conning business man. Promoting the shit out of UFC so obviously now it has an exposure to a lot of average viewers. What makes me laugh is the ones who have no clue talk about it like they know something.
Reading that quote you typed it says exactly that you apparently know when I or the ones like me started watching MMA. There is no interpretation of it that for instance you meant this or that.
I won't type that I was just waiting anxiously in 1993 for the the first UFC event and followed it step by step until now. I did see first MMA fights probably around 96 - 97 and even though what I saw then was something exciting I did not become a MMA freak til Wanderlei and then Fedor came to PRIDE.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:13 pm

To end your silliness here and now...I did type that I did not know when you started watching, and now that you have told us all I do. I was not going to assume when you started...my point was you ALL started, as did I, at some point and someone was their before us. If it was us watching the UFC, the experienced Kickboxer, Karate guys, Judo guys, wrestlers and BJJ guys (not alot of them mind you) were all telling us to shut up and we did not know a thing.

My point to end off agian, knowing you said you were not disrepecting them, is not to think a newbie can not have insight. As a very famous Karate instructor once told me when I did not want to judge a senior...we all have our oppinions and they are all valid. they may not be right but they are valid.

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue Nov 06, 2007 9:23 pm

The difference between me and most new fans is I did not try to talk about it nor I would about anything unless I really knew something.
From time to time there will be some younger kid who is modest enough to admit he doesn't know much and I'm glad I can tell him whatever I know.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby mma fubar » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:42 am

woah why are people like fighting over a post
American Fighter Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA
mma fubar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:54 am

we are not fighting, we are chatting. If I was to fight it would not be on a internet forum! LOL

Kensei

PreviousNext

Return to News