Login Sign Up

Royce Gracie

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:51 pm

Master-Doug wrote:we should thank for the evolution of the LITTLE IDEA the Gracies brought to the ring ?
LITTLE ? if it was just a LITTLE idea, why does every single mixed martial artist knows GRACIE(braziian) JIU JITSU ? if Shamrock put the true meaning of MIXED like you said why did he lose to Royce ?
its simply and easy: brazilian jiu jitsu is the best one on one fight combat
what is a boxer going to do when a bjj guy takes him down ? when he in a triangle chock ? NOTHING. the hardest part is to take the person down and if you do that, their pretty much fucked

Fist off I was just pointing out that the Gracie family brought MMA to the states....basically, then it grew from thier. I said GUYS LIKE SHAMROCK, not just him. he lost to Gracie and then him and his brother and tones of other guys learned GJJ and other arts and started beating the shit out of the Gracie family, can you say Sakaraba? :wink:

And as for your annalogy, the same goes for a Bjj guy, they always have a plan till they get punched in the face! What is a GJJ guy going to do pretty much nothing if a Thai guy clinches up with him and knocks his teeth into next Tuesday, or a boxer nails him and puts him on queer street, or a wrestler slams him on his neck and puts him in a wheel chair. yah, BJJ is a very important component of MMA, but so is boxing, kick boxing, Thai fighting, Karate, Judo, Sambo, Sub wrestling, Wrestling and any other art that can be applied.

The days of single facet fighters is OVER! If you dont have strong skills in several fight areas you are old school and best sit out the fights.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Master-Doug » Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:26 pm

Kensei wrote:
Master-Doug wrote:we should thank for the evolution of the LITTLE IDEA the Gracies brought to the ring ?
LITTLE ? if it was just a LITTLE idea, why does every single mixed martial artist knows GRACIE(braziian) JIU JITSU ? if Shamrock put the true meaning of MIXED like you said why did he lose to Royce ?
its simply and easy: brazilian jiu jitsu is the best one on one fight combat
what is a boxer going to do when a bjj guy takes him down ? when he in a triangle chock ? NOTHING. the hardest part is to take the person down and if you do that, their pretty much fucked

Fist off I was just pointing out that the Gracie family brought MMA to the states....basically, then it grew from thier. I said GUYS LIKE SHAMROCK, not just him. he lost to Gracie and then him and his brother and tones of other guys learned GJJ and other arts and started beating the shit out of the Gracie family, can you say Sakaraba? :wink:

And as for your annalogy, the same goes for a Bjj guy, they always have a plan till they get punched in the face! What is a GJJ guy going to do pretty much nothing if a Thai guy clinches up with him and knocks his teeth into next Tuesday, or a boxer nails him and puts him on queer street, or a wrestler slams him on his neck and puts him in a wheel chair. yah, BJJ is a very important component of MMA, but so is boxing, kick boxing, Thai fighting, Karate, Judo, Sambo, Sub wrestling, Wrestling and any other art that can be applied.

The days of single facet fighters is OVER! If you dont have strong skills in several fight areas you are old school and best sit out the fights.

I agree with you, all i was trying to show you was that ground game (bjj) is a big part of mma
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters