Login Sign Up

Royce Gracie

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby stevebags » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:13 pm

on the documentary Choke, he didnt do any striking that convinces me of his Thai boxing skills, where did this information that he has done 40 years of Thai boxing come from :?
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:22 pm

40 years of muy thai my ass, sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me. i seen alot of rickson fights and he has his chin out and his hands down looking for a take down, none of that demonstrates thai boxing style or skills. i dont even think iv seen rickson ko some one. lol..gracies do GJJ and that is their bread and butter. My friend Kron who is Rickson's son has never done Thai Boxing or Chute Boxe type work outs in front of me, its always GJJ.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Gurre » Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:56 am

yeah, they've always said "all you need is BJJ"
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:20 am

*BIG GASTP* What? That's not true? I AM SHOCKED!!!
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby stevebags » Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:43 pm

gurre has nailed the correct
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:02 pm

Gurre wrote:yeah, they've always said "all you need is BJJ"

apparently you need a bit more when fighting Matt Hughes and Sakuraba.
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:43 pm

you need more when fighting Fedor also lol.. i love watching his fights with nog.. best display of G n P..i love it
FEDORisGOD

Postby Gurre » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:37 am

well yeha, apperently ONLY BJJ isn't enough in todays MMA. Hughes showed that, and Sakuraba kinda did too
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:58 am

Of course. You have to be a well rounded fighter. Sure you can excel in certain areas, but you better be decent in all.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:16 pm

very true
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby stevebags » Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:39 pm

agreed

stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby NitZR » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:21 pm

Royce Gracie is the greatest MMA fighter to ever live. I think he should have been the first fighter to be inducted into the UFC hall of fame. I also think that if he wouldn't have turned to his back he wouldn't have lost the fight with hughes. Did you not see where hughes bent his arm in half and he didn't tap. COme on here he Won the first UFC and should rightfully be talked about as the Origional NHB all time Champion.
NitZR
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby ad baculam » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:49 pm

please tell me your joking. is getting your arm broken the mark of a great fighter? On what part of the fight are you basing your opinion that if Royce wouldn't have given his back he would have won the fight?
ad baculam
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby NitZR » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:50 am

i'm saying he would have had a good chance of winning if he wouldn't have given his back. All royce had to do is get once lock and matt would have been done.
NitZR
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:54 am

when royce won the 1st ufc there wasnt even such a thing as MMA, guys from all around just came in and stuck to their bread and butter, 90% of the guys back then dint have ground game. Royce was great but his true side was shown when he fought a well rounded fighter like Sakuraba. Royce is far from the greatest fighter of all time, Fedor and Rickson are the greatest ever.
FEDORisGOD

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters