Login Sign Up

Royce Gracie

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby NitZR » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:55 am

nope royce rulz the list of all time fighters in my book!
NitZR
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby NitZR » Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:59 am

just ask helio gracie who the best BJJ MMA fighter is! he'll tell you so will ken shamrock!
NitZR
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:37 am

hell tell u rickson is lol
FEDORisGOD

Postby stevebags » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:40 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:when royce won the 1st ufc there wasnt even such a thing as MMA, guys from all around just came in and stuck to their bread and butter, 90% of the guys back then dint have ground game. Royce was great but his true side was shown when he fought a well rounded fighter like Sakuraba. Royce is far from the greatest fighter of all time, Fedor and Rickson are the greatest ever.

agree with 90% of that post dont believe Rickson is one of the best ever, he hasnt fought anybody with serious crudentials. Fedor yes i agree but Rickson has been caught up in the hype that Royce got caught up in
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:59 pm

i dont know man Rickson at his weight class is the greatest imo and i dont believe hes ever even lost a fight. almost flawless fighter and i know his kid Kron whos 18 now and hes 180 lb now training every day i think hes gonna be fuckin ill in the future and we will see him in pride or ufc for sure.
FEDORisGOD

Postby NitZR » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:17 pm

i wanna see ryron and rener fight! those two look good. THey are royces nephews! Ralek looks like a big kid too.
NitZR
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:55 am

Rickson...I just do not know about him. I have said this before and I will say it again, "Rickson is probably the biggest mystery in MMA."
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:52 pm

i disagree theres nothing mysterious about him, when they say he never lost a fight, its for a reason, i dont care if it was 20 years ago in brazil under vale tudo rules or not. the guy has like 400 fights under his belt with out an L. Hes leagues ahead of royce or any other of the gracies.
FEDORisGOD

Postby stevebags » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:04 am

400 fights is bs, that is taking bjj fights into account too. Evidence of these 400 fights? and who has he fought. Dont get caught up in myths
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:01 am

But you have to admit it is a little strange that he just sort of stopped. I just do not know...
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby stevebags » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:00 pm

no doubt he was a great BJJ practioner, but in mma in recent times as it has been proved bjj is not enough

stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:23 pm

Yes, I know how you all hate me using my baseball analogies, but I am using another one. It's sort of like the fast pitch. As a pitcher you may be able to strike out a few people that cannot catch your fastball, but eventually they will catch up and you had better have a changeup, curve, or slider to throw them! =) I feel that goes in MMA also. You need to know how to wrestle, grapple, box, and much more.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby stevebags » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:31 pm

i have seen a lot of vale tudo fights from brazil and the stand up is poor so bjj and lute livre guys dominated it. Nowadays you have to be a all rounder not a one trick pony

stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby jmath679 » Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:33 pm

So about Royce...
jmath679
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:40 pm

yea well we will see when my boy Kron Gracie starts fighting in MMA and we will see what training with his father can do for him.
FEDORisGOD

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters