Login Sign Up

Ryan Gracie Dies

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

Ryan Gracie Dies

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:39 am

In Portuguese: http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/SaoPaul...NA+CADEIA.html

Ryan Gracie was found dead in his prison cell.

He was arrested yesterday for car theft. Today, around 7 o'clock, the police found him lying in his prison cell, dead. He was alone.

http://www.graciemag.com/news/144/AR...007-12-15.html

Ryan Gracie dies
Fighter was in jail in Sao Paulo

News to make the fighting world tremble. According to news carried by Globo TV, the black belt Ryan Gracie was found dead in the cell where he was being held at a police station in Sao Paulo after having been accused of car theft yesterday in the city of Sao Paulo. According to the Sao Paulo State Secretariat of Public Safety, Ryan was alone in the cell.

GRACIEMAG.com sympathizes with the Gracie family and should be back shortly with further information as to Ryan’s death.

10:24

According to the G1 news:

“Ryan was sent to the 91st DP, after having toxicology exams done at the central IML at around 2:30 am. He arrived at the police station in Vila Leopoldina at 3 am. According to the officer on call of the 15th Police District police officer Daniella Ranna, where the athlete’s case was registered for having tried to steal a motorcycle, he was sent to the 91st DP because it is a traffic station. From there, he would have been seen to the “most recommendable” location.

According to the SSP, at around 7am, when policemen at the station were checking the cells with their detainees, they found the fighter fallen
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kuark » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:05 pm

this is a shock, honestly this is something I would have never seen coming
Kuark
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby davedhughes » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:56 pm

this is a tragady . i will pray for the gracie family.
D . HUGHES
davedhughes
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:24 pm

Kuark wrote:this is a shock, honestly this is something I would have never seen coming

I didn't think Ryan was going to die but I always felt that he was troubled. He seemed to be a livewire and I heard in multiple places he was pretty heavy into drugs and got into streetfights quite frequently.

RIP RYAN
FEDORisGOD

shocked

Postby Master-Doug » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:49 pm

yeah this shocked me but well things can happen to ANYONE ANYWHERE
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Re: shocked

Postby Kensei » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:31 am

Master-Doug wrote:yeah this shocked me but well things can happen to ANYONE ANYWHERE

\
Not to speak ill of the dead, but "master-doug" that is a stupid thing to say. He died because he got wrapped up in a bad life style. He apparently had a health issue that was effected by his drug use, just what I read.
The poor guy got the bad end of the stick and we should all be sad, but it does not just happen to "anyone anywhere" you have to get nailed by that life style. I had a few friends that died of drug OD's as a kid, and I can tell you that getting wrapped up in that crap is not a choice per see, but not getting wrapped up in that shit can be a choice.

RIP Mr. Gracie, let your loss be a road map for all others "everyone, everywhere"!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Re: Ryan Gracie Dies

Postby reaper6 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:26 pm

i've always looked up to the gracies, now that one of them has died, its pretty sad.
reaper6
White Belt
White Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 pm

[quote="reaper6"]i've always looked up to the gracies, now that one of them has died, its pretty sad.[/quote]

i know this may seem a shock to you but Carlson Gracie passed away in 2006 and Helio Gracie passed in just recently in 2009.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:39 am

wow, way to bring back the thread...and alot of sadness. JK, but it was a long long time ago!
Kensei

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:40 am

Oh, and did you hear....some company named ZUFFA bought the UFC! Holly shit eh!!!
Kensei

Postby Kensei » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:08 am

Wow, Shadow..way to bring back the dead....no disrespect to Ryan!
Kensei

Postby Kensei » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:59 am

My appologies, I did not read much above your reserection post! Sorry
Kensei

Return to News