Login Sign Up

Sean Sherk

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby fightDR » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:53 pm

yeah I am aware he was a boxer before he started the Grappling with Ted williams (who i think was/is an awesome Trainer). I just don't think he could KO sherk. His wrestling i think would make joe weary of letting his hands go. I don't see him subbing him either if i am honest although Joe ha much better subs than Sherk. I would say Sherk by GnP in the 2nd.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:58 pm

fightDR wrote:yeah I am aware he was a boxer before he started the Grappling with Ted williams (who i think was/is an awesome Trainer). I just don't think he could KO sherk. His wrestling i think would make joe weary of letting his hands go. I don't see him subbing him either if i am honest although Joe ha much better subs than Sherk. I would say Sherk by GnP in the 2nd.

I think after BJ took Sherk appart with jabs that Joe would be able to do the same.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:04 pm

With both of them coming of brutal loses to BJ this would be a GREAT time to see them fight. It would be an awesome fight and both men would have something on the line. Lose and you prob never get a title fight again, win and your right up there. Damn kens you got my mouth watering at this prospect now and will prob never happen and i will have to cry and sulk like a sissy. :( haha
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Sean Sherk

Postby fightDR » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:52 am

Sherk for Tyson Griffin....another amazing fight for UFC 90. I do think Sherks wrestling will be a little to much for Griffin so would edge towards him but Griffin is a relentless fighter with a heart the size of spain so will expect this to be a WAR.
Would love to see Griffin use his wrestling to keep Sherk from taking him down and use his improved striking to beat Sherk up, bit saying that Sherk has some good boxing. This could be a really exciting fight and potentially be a fight to set up a title fight...
HOWEVER...
Rich Clementi and Gray Maynard fighting on the same card would have alot to say about that, these 2 guys are both on good streaks and the winner of that fight could also be in line for a shot at the belt. This could and I will go out on the lline and say is going to be a great fight. This is going to be a hell of a night for the smaller guys me thinks.

Add Nate Diaz to the list of challengers too...although don't think any of them will beat BJ but doesn't mean they shouldn't get a shot if they deserve it by beating other tough guys.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters