Login Sign Up

Sergei Kharitonov

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:48 pm

Sergei is totally legit to go for a belt in UFC but then you have to take into an account White's politics. Not to diminish White's success as UFC is still much bigger than anything else in the States.
Many top fighters from UFC left in the last 2 years. If this continues...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:17 am

Jewish-Spy wrote:Sergei is totally legit to go for a belt in UFC but then you have to take into an account White's politics. Not to diminish White's success as UFC is still much bigger than anything else in the States.
Many top fighters from UFC left in the last 2 years. If this continues...

Ah, bull shit! I hear this alot and I tell you it is crapola. Many of the HW guys left....Randy left because he knew he could not hang out in the HW division and expect to beat guys like NOG, so why not spin out of the whole mess and watch his wife get ass clowned.
Tim left because he realized the UFC was not going to market him to fight for a belt after NOG owned him and he did not go over very well with fans, who spend money to keep the UFC alive. He realized that the UFC used him as a mark or can for NOG, he did his job, made NOG look good, but made him look like he had to fight for it.
Arlovski left because he was not the big dog anymore, he had lost twice to Tim and knew he would have to work to get back in line for a strap run.
Cro COp was almost not in the UFC, one win and two dreadful losses! He needed to fight less dangerous guys, and the UFC was not the right place for that. If you want to be protected, go else were.
Tito left, well because he is Tito and realised that daytime Dramas were not all the rage in the UFC anymore and his little fits did not get him anywere, so he left...if not he would have turned in to the gary goodridge of the Middle weight division quickly.

Any other "big names" that have "LEFT" the UFC??

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:57 pm

what you just typed is exactly what I meant except your elaboration was much more overwhelming :(
I'm not sure though how this playes out regarding Sergei...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:57 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:what you just typed is exactly what I meant except your elaboration was much more overwhelming :(
I'm not sure though how this playes out regarding Sergei...
:lol: :lol: :lol: you just need to talk as much as me! :wink: :lol: :lol:

Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:47 pm

typing is way more strenuous than yepping. I wish we could talk at the event. All hell would break loose there...
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:07 am

LMAO, I type very quickly since practicing on my Uni papers, two PHD papers and a masters....for my father that is, years ago.

Sergi is going to make a big bang in MMA very shortly and I can not wait personally.

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:54 am

I hope ur right kensei. Sergei hasnt looked good as of late allthough he is still young. When he beat Werdum and went to war with Nog, he weighed around 235lbs. Back then he was at his best and IMO the worst matchup for Fedor. Now Sergei fights at almost 255lbs and moves much slower. I dont think hes dedicated to MMA anymore. IMO hed mop the floor with Sylvia, AA, Vera, Gonzaga if he was in his 2004 shape. but these days, its tough to say how hes going to do.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Jewish-Spy » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:32 pm

damn that's some weight gain... I guess now he can be as bad as anybody. Well let's see him fight someone worthy.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:05 am

Well he is still goint to destroy Antonio Silva and we will see what he has giot in the tank. Maybe some of the lime light back on him can spur back the old hunger for the sport again...that would be great to see too. He is a bad man when he is on form!!!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:52 am

Kharitonov has been packing it on while he was working with the Police and army units in Russia! His weight is basically muscle and a bit of extra russian beer. I think if he takes the fight half way serious he will put Silva in a very bad possition!

Kensei

Postby fightDR » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:00 am

Sergei in his pride days was one of the best HW's on the planet and definatly UNDER rated. The guy needs some big time exposure and then the guy could be a real big name and serious HW who people start to fear again. I personnally can't wait!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Koulikov » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:43 pm

When he is going to fight?
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:24 pm

Sergei is oe of those guys that I've had on my radar for a while. I think this guy is really talented and has the potential to go far. Really enjoyed his fight with Nogueira.
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Re: Sergei Kharitonov

Postby fightDR » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:42 am

The more I see and hear about this guy the more I believe he is the most under exposed HW in the world. The guy is awesome and is a hell of a tough fight for any fighter in the world...His last fight against Jimmy Ambriz was such as easy win I just really want to see him fight some major big name fighters. He belongs in the UFC and there he would beat every HW with exception if poss Big Nog...or in Affliction where the only guy prob to beat him there would be Fedor with other brilliant match ups would be Barnett and AA. Even to see him in a rematch with Aleksander Emelianenko would be amazing.
This guy deserves more tiem in the spotlight as to me he is 3rd or 4th ranked HW in world.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Previous

Return to Fighters