Login Sign Up

shoulder issues

shoulder issues

Postby DisciplineHopes » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:07 am

When I was playing baseball back in high school (i think i was about 17 or so) and laid out for a groud ball between 3rd and SS. Immediately after I FELT AND HEARD the pop, and so did the SS. OUCH!!! Very painful in the beginning then it slightly slacked off. I laid there for a second and let the play finish. Obviously time was called and the coaches came out and helped me off the field. It was pretty apparent what had happened so everyone knew. As I'm walking off the field it decides to pop back into place. Now that was the real pain but dwindled pretty quickly. Needless to say I sat out the rest of the game. I drove home and talked with the parents and we decided (mainly me) to not go to doctor or anything. I mean all they'll do is tell me to do is rest it, give me a sling, and take my money so no thanks. This is where my question comes into place. I went to the doctor not too long ago because it has on and off bothered me (pretty bad at times) to get it checked out. He said he saw minor (very minor) damage to the area around the ligaments and such just form it being more beveld out now to a certain degree. His only solution was physical thereapy. NO THANKS! That gets very expensive for something no more major than this. Now, what would you guys reccomend to build that area back up inside and to get it back to par?! PLEASE HELP!!!!
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: shoulder issues

Postby Kensei » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:39 am

I blew out my shoulder pitching as a kid and then again a few times in Judo growing up. First off when you hurt it ICE and REST the bugger. But strengthen up the muscles as much as you can with weight training that hits the muscles from all sides. Get some remedial work done like massage work and try to maintain the joint health.

However a good Ortho MD will inspect the joint, do some Ortho tests and tell you if you have more serious injuries, so dont skip this part. Get him to tell you as much as they can about the injury and I always say one or two physio visits can give you some ideas into what to be doing for the rehab. For me it was pulling out a chunk of scar tissue and some serious shoulder work.

I still have my bad days with it, mostly my elbows lately! Dont disrepect old injuries they are the ones that will stop you from training!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Re: shoulder issues

Postby DisciplineHopes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:19 am

yea the inconsistency is the worst thing ya know. its one day i can do what i want and the next im hurting because of what i did the day before.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Supplements, Diet, Equipment & Weight Training