Login Sign Up

Sick of big mouth boxers

Sick of big mouth boxers

Postby DeathPenalty » Sat May 26, 2007 1:18 pm

Boxing has lost its punch. The truth of the matter is boxing is just that, history. Gone are the great ones like George Foreman, Muhammad Ali, Julio Cesar Chavez, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones Jr., and others. The unfortunate thing about it now is that all the no-name boxers feel the need to call out MMA. And I'm sick of hearing about it. I have studied Kenpo, Aikido, Praying Mantis Kung-Fu, Thai Boxing, and BJJ as well as having wrestled in high school. I'm also interested in studying Krav Maga. My whole life, all I've ever seen boxers do is run their mouths. In high school, the Golden Gloves boxers always started fights with the wrestling team. Now, at the gym where I work out at, because we have a boxing club that also trains there, the boxers walk around running their mouths to almost everyone and anybody. I don't understand why boxers feel the need to go off at the mouth all the time. I use to respect boxing. Not anymore. Why is MMA looked at as barbaric? I mean come on! Mike Tyson is memorialized as the one of the greatest boxers of all time and all I remember him for is beating and raping women. Not a good visual as far as I'm concerned. I respect Dana White and I love to watch fighters mix it up in UFC. I've been known to watch IFL and Pride, K-1 and in Denver there's this one called Ring of Fire or something like that. Bottom line is, I enjoy training in MMA and I'm sick and tired of boxers trying to make us look inferior to them.
Death Penalty Fight Gear
DeathPenalty
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Asa87 » Sun May 27, 2007 2:42 am

cos they know fine a mixed martial artist would whoop their ass!!!!
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Mike X » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:10 pm

The boxers in Massachusetts usually nice and understand that MA's are good fighters. There is no boxing team in my highschool but I imagine there would be conflicts. There is always someone saying that they are better than someone else. But these no-name boxers are getting pretty rediculous. De la hoya and Maryweather both said they could take on any MA. Sean Sherk replied by saying:"Any time, any place." I would imagine that if that fight took place (with either one of those boxers)... it would go to the ground and Sherk would submit them... or break something of theirs.
Mike X
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby TyReCo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 8:01 am

I'm a wing chun practitioner BUT also a boxer, I am much more commited to wing chun than to boxing I have to say.
From the experience that I know, boxing is not as respected and soulful as MA. Boxing is plainly a sport there being Jocks which have large Egos (not saying all jocks have large egos). Boxing is also not a selfdefence to be practiced for a situation on the street but merely for street confidence.
Boxing can be pretty vicious and hard to get through one on one but through those straight hard punches are ltos of weaknesses which Martial artist can take advantage of.
HAHAHAHA I like my kung fu in the way that it isn't a block then a strike, mostly blocks and strikes at the same time.
Boxer goes for a punch, then put a "Lap Da" with a kick and his leg will buckle over onto the ground. But this isn't an exapmle to show MA is better then boxing.
Boxing is a SPORT not a selfdefence

Look at boxers as jocks xD
Boxing is Fun though
1 life 2 live 26 to die
TyReCo
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Sick of big mouth boxers

Postby Erik » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:08 pm

DeathPenalty wrote:Boxing has lost its punch. The truth of the matter is boxing is just that, history. Gone are the great ones like George Foreman, Muhammad Ali, Julio Cesar Chavez, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones Jr., and others. The unfortunate thing about it now is that all the no-name boxers feel the need to call out MMA. And I'm sick of hearing about it. I have studied Kenpo, Aikido, Praying Mantis Kung-Fu, Thai Boxing, and BJJ as well as having wrestled in high school. I'm also interested in studying Krav Maga. My whole life, all I've ever seen boxers do is run their mouths. In high school, the Golden Gloves boxers always started fights with the wrestling team. Now, at the gym where I work out at, because we have a boxing club that also trains there, the boxers walk around running their mouths to almost everyone and anybody. I don't understand why boxers feel the need to go off at the mouth all the time. I use to respect boxing. Not anymore. Why is MMA looked at as barbaric? I mean come on! Mike Tyson is memorialized as the one of the greatest boxers of all time and all I remember him for is beating and raping women. Not a good visual as far as I'm concerned. I respect Dana White and I love to watch fighters mix it up in UFC. I've been known to watch IFL and Pride, K-1 and in Denver there's this one called Ring of Fire or something like that. Bottom line is, I enjoy training in MMA and I'm sick and tired of boxers trying to make us look inferior to them.

ima boxer and u sound like a bitch id knock you out instead of bitching like a girl about boxers in ur gym do somthign about it ur probaly getitng picked on cause ur a douche bag and cryin about it on here and fuck wrestling.. i do have respect for mma strikers but allthat submisison on the floor shit is flat out gay im about knocking dudes out not being all on the floor rolling around in gay postions..
Erik
White Belt
White Belt

Postby donovan99 » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:15 am

80% of all street fights end up on the ground - google it up, buddy.
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby carnage » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:41 am

Boxing is in the past

MMA is the Future...and present :D
carnage
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Mike X » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:07 am

Erik you proved DeathPenalty right lol
The past is past, but the future is unwritten. History from this moment forward is yours to make.
Mike X
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby mma fubar » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:39 pm

i would sey that fights in rings like ufc pride really every fight with a guy who has a sick ground game, the ground guy will win but there is only one problem with that in a street fight which i have seen alot of whenever a fight goes to the ground the kids, homies jump in and sucker punch the attacker, its stupid but true so for a real street fight if you can knock someone out with a punch or two you will be able to kill people, also to all martial artists wrestlers boxers out there, we are on a completely differewnt level then average people, most people are bums, plain and simple, if you work it doesnt really matter you will still ktfo of people
American Fighter Muay Thai, BJJ, MMA
mma fubar
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Wushu XC » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:37 pm

Erik wrote:
DeathPenalty wrote:Boxing has lost its punch. The truth of the matter is boxing is just that, history. Gone are the great ones like George Foreman, Muhammad Ali, Julio Cesar Chavez, Sugar Ray Leonard, Roy Jones Jr., and others. The unfortunate thing about it now is that all the no-name boxers feel the need to call out MMA. And I'm sick of hearing about it. I have studied Kenpo, Aikido, Praying Mantis Kung-Fu, Thai Boxing, and BJJ as well as having wrestled in high school. I'm also interested in studying Krav Maga. My whole life, all I've ever seen boxers do is run their mouths. In high school, the Golden Gloves boxers always started fights with the wrestling team. Now, at the gym where I work out at, because we have a boxing club that also trains there, the boxers walk around running their mouths to almost everyone and anybody. I don't understand why boxers feel the need to go off at the mouth all the time. I use to respect boxing. Not anymore. Why is MMA looked at as barbaric? I mean come on! Mike Tyson is memorialized as the one of the greatest boxers of all time and all I remember him for is beating and raping women. Not a good visual as far as I'm concerned. I respect Dana White and I love to watch fighters mix it up in UFC. I've been known to watch IFL and Pride, K-1 and in Denver there's this one called Ring of Fire or something like that. Bottom line is, I enjoy training in MMA and I'm sick and tired of boxers trying to make us look inferior to them.

ima boxer and u sound like a bitch id knock you out instead of bitching like a girl about boxers in ur gym do somthign about it ur probaly getitng picked on cause ur a douche bag and cryin about it on here and fuck wrestling.. i do have respect for mma strikers but allthat submisison on the floor shit is flat out gay im about knocking dudes out not being all on the floor rolling around in gay postions..

i belive thats in urban dictionary for "IRONY"
Pain is the name of my training partner
ImageImage
Wushu XC
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Erik » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:31 pm

i belive ur a dumbass mma is like britney spears its now but its gonna fade boxing is always gonna be reppin kid
Erik
White Belt
White Belt

Postby Wushu XC » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:05 pm

Ok... thats what they said about 8-tracks.... BUT WHATEVER YOU SAY MR. UBER BOXER-MAN!
Pain is the name of my training partner
ImageImage
Wushu XC
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Mike X » Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:37 pm

Erik wrote:i belive ur a dumbass mma is like britney spears its now but its gonna fade boxing is always gonna be reppin kid

I really don't think that mma is going to marry a fake rapper then shave its hair...
The past is past, but the future is unwritten. History from this moment forward is yours to make.
Mike X
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Asa87 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:50 am

lol, that guy is an eejit. haha. boxing is good sure you could batter a few folk around... that dont know what they are doing and are just flying at you with the windmill attack.

but one kick and you boxers would probably drop to the deck. even worse, imagine a boxer trapped in a thai clinch...
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby kheir » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:04 pm

kheir
White Belt
White Belt

Next

Return to Boxing, Kickboxing & Muay Thai