Login Sign Up

Some "letal weapons"?

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Postby Koulikov » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:17 am

ad baculam wrote:wow, I did not know that people were that aggresive over cigs. different culture I guess

Its not about culture, is because they are drunk.
Generally they are people from Marocco and Algeria (without being racist)

Thanks everyone for your answers.
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby ad baculam » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:20 pm

People get drunk here too, but I rarely get attacked for not having a pack on me
ad baculam
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:00 pm

to quote one of the best fighters "everyone underestimates the kick to the groin"-Bas Rutten

No man, who ever he is, no matter how strong, big or how good he is at fighting no man will stand if ya give him a real kick to the balls...always remember that the street unlike the ring has no rules ;)
ohh my god...I dropped my pants!!
Kurt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Dannytsg » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:28 pm

Easiest thing is the kick to the groin the guys goes down you get away. If needs be you can use an open palm slap * yes i mean slap * to the side of the head and from this drag them straight onto a nicely placed headbutt.

In my opinion the most underrated strikes are:

Groin Kick
Headbutt
Eye poke/rake
Open Palm Slap
Fighting is a hit and miss game. Are you prepared to pay the price if you miss?
Dannytsg
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Kurt » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:31 pm

Dannytsg wrote:Easiest thing is the kick to the groin the guys goes down you get away. If needs be you can use an open palm slap * yes i mean slap * to the side of the head and from this drag them straight onto a nicely placed headbutt.

Groin Kick
Headbutt
Eye poke/rake
Open Palm Slap

Just one thing, in a street fight, have you ever used a headbutt, eye poke or open palm strike?
Kurt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:34 pm

I have been in quite alot of street fights, not that i'm proud of it but I used to get into fighting trouble in the streets alot when I was younger.

I'm from Scotland and youth here binge drink and then get agressive.. well alot of them anyway.. there are alot of assholes who have a macho complex and will start a fight with you for looking at them.. Stupid I know.

Anyway I was never a trouble maker when I was younger (18-20) But it always seemed like I was in the wrong place, or someone was starting it with some of my friends. I have been doing Muay Thai around 7 years and did karate and kickboxing when I was kid so been around striking a long time.

But one thing i've never done in a street fight is kick someone in the balls, used weapons, kicked them when down, bit or any other grimey shit. I have used pleanty of technique learned from muay thai - thai clinch is unbeatable, I have used elbows and also used wrestling learned and BJJ fundamentals. So what you do learn CAN be used, that's part the reason I train for self defence. although to be fair most the time in Scotland if someone starts a fight with you, they want a fight because they are an asshole and just want to bang it out. They're not going to pull a weapon or kick you to death.

I know Kensei has a few stories about using Martial arts in street situations too.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:42 pm

I mean if they didn't want to fight and they wanted to do serious harm or kill me I'd run, of course. If not I'd put them out of action any way possible... definetly biting and squeezing the nuts, and give them a couple of titty twisters.

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DiceandSlice » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:20 pm

If someone attacks you on the street and you have to fight use anything that will work. There are no rules on the street. Groin shot is good but always follow it up with another techinque, palm strike to nose is good but dont really on just the groin shot this is a common mistake by women when they get attacked. When your adrenline is pumping the groin shot may not take them down it can stun them for a sec so you can get another shot in. I have been hit in the groin hard but didnt go down cause adrenline was pumping, oh i felt it a few minutes later. Reality fighting is last resort and if fighting is only option do what ever it takes to survive, ie groin shot, bite, pull hair, poke eyes anything. It is a matter of survival remember No Rules.
DiceandSlice
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Dannytsg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:03 am

Kurt wrote:
Dannytsg wrote:Easiest thing is the kick to the groin the guys goes down you get away. If needs be you can use an open palm slap * yes i mean slap * to the side of the head and from this drag them straight onto a nicely placed headbutt.

Groin Kick
Headbutt
Eye poke/rake
Open Palm Slap

Just one thing, in a street fight, have you ever used a headbutt, eye poke or open palm strike?

2 out of the three you mentioned yes, headbutt and open palm Slap yes never really had any time to use the eye poke as i tend to try and get in and get out rather than hang around.
Dannytsg
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:18 am

A slap can deter quite a few pew people. The shock and power of a slap mixed with the surprise of being slapped is a great thing.

I like the ear slap. It's a very powerful strike. During the trench wars in WWII that slap was attributed around 1k known kills, respectively. Tragically, that was not even a percentage of the kills in that war. It's been tried and it's been proven true is what I am saying.

A regular slap to the ear will just disorient, or at the most blow an eardrum.

*I nor anyone I train with promote killing techniques. If you can get out of a situation by talking, do so, if not try pain compliance. But if the situation has escalated beyond that and there is not a chance of returning you must escalate as well.*
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:34 am

To be honest I find it very hard to believe that all that slapping and eye poking would be some of the best moves in a actual "street fight". I mean I have been training martial arts for about 8 years now so why shouldn't I just do what is easiest and that I am good at. I would do it as simple as possible, punch him in the head and throw hard kicks to the body until he can't stand anymore.
ohh my god...I dropped my pants!!
Kurt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:21 pm

I do not think anyone said do what goes against your grain. And as I have said the slaps have been proven true in combat. You are more than welcome to throw kicks in combat if you like, but there goes half your base. And you have to have room to kick. Also what are you going to do if you stumble and there is more than one opponent?

Each situation has its own answer, whether it's walking, talking, or fighting.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kurt » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 pm

GrappleorWrestle wrote:I do not think anyone said do what goes against your grain. And as I have said the slaps have been proven true in combat. You are more than welcome to throw kicks in combat if you like, but there goes half your base. And you have to have room to kick. Also what are you going to do if you stumble and there is more than one opponent?

The reason why I want to kick is because there might be more than one opponent or if maybe he has a knife or something. I mean my kicks reach alot longer than my punches and I kick alot harder so if there are more than one I want to take each guy out fast and if he has a knife I don't want to be in a distance so he can use it...right?

Let it be clear that all the fighting I do is in a cage/ring, I have trained Taekwondo and now I train MMA but I never fight in the streets and since the condition is different so I have no real experince myself so I am just guessing and saying what makes sence to me.
Kurt
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby Asa87 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:54 pm

nah you don't want to go throwing kicks. only kick I would use in a real bad situation is stomping their knee caps in.

Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Dannytsg » Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Kurt wrote:
GrappleorWrestle wrote:I do not think anyone said do what goes against your grain. And as I have said the slaps have been proven true in combat. You are more than welcome to throw kicks in combat if you like, but there goes half your base. And you have to have room to kick. Also what are you going to do if you stumble and there is more than one opponent?

The reason why I want to kick is because there might be more than one opponent or if maybe he has a knife or something. I mean my kicks reach alot longer than my punches and I kick alot harder so if there are more than one I want to take each guy out fast and if he has a knife I don't want to be in a distance so he can use it...right?

FYI is you kicked at a man wielding a knife you are more likely to get stabbed in the leg/ slashed in the leg. The problem with this is when they get you with the knife in the leg then you cannot walk or run away putting you in even more danger.

You are correct about the distancing but launching an attack against a weapon wielding person is stupid to be honest and unless you have trained for those situations i.e Krava Maga etc then it wouldn't be wise to be doing anything other than what they say to a point.

As for the eye poke and slap i can say that the slap does work well from experience, doesn't leave much of a visible mark but does give them plenty to think about after being rapped upside their head. I agree also on the point about aiming for the ear as the impact can cause their equilibrium to temporarily subside giving enough chance for you to flee. Also from this if they do not go over from the slap like i said you can drag them onto a headbutt as you hand is in a controlling position towards the rear side of the head * the ear quarter *

The eye poke is not something i have tried but i'm sure it works and as for it's credibility you could compare it to biting. Why do people bite in street fights? because it's an easy thing to do, it's effective and it has a visible effect as does the eye poke.
Dannytsg
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic