Login Sign Up

Takanori Gomi

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby qwerty » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:43 pm

I think his cardio is still an issue... he looked pretty gased after his fight with Big Daddy Stevenson. Maybe it was emotion, but I think he was tired.

No question though, BJ Penn one of the most talented and lb 4 lb fighter in the world if his cardio is up to par - a true prodigy.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:02 am

Bj looked gassed after playing Pulver in a game of table tennis.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:58 am

LOL, he never trained for table tennis thou...those guys are true athletes!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:57 am

Penn > Gomi 9-10 times
Gassed or not, Penn is a gamer. Look at Gomi's fight with Diaz. He was pleading with the ref to stop the fight cause of Diaz's cut? Gomi could barely stand up. He was just trying to avoid throwing in the towel.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:46 pm

Gomi had trouble with Diaz because

1) Diaz is a natural WW who had 5 inches of reach on Gomie

and

2) I truly think Gomi underestimated him and undertrained coming into the fight. That was the worst Gomi I have ever seen.

I think BJ is a better fighter than Gomi but I would NEVER count Gomi out 9/10x against BJ. Gomi has too much power in his hands.

I think an A Game Gomi gives any 155er a serious run for their money.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:22 am

FEDORisGOD wrote:Gomi had trouble with Diaz because
1) Diaz is a natural WW who had 5 inches of reach on Gomie
and
2) I truly think Gomi underestimated him and undertrained coming into the fight. That was the worst Gomi I have ever seen.
I think BJ is a better fighter than Gomi but I would NEVER count Gomi out 9/10x against BJ. Gomi has too much power in his hands.
I think an A Game Gomi gives any 155er a serious run for their money.

1) Gomi is a natual WW as well. He has had fits trying to cut weight and often fits in a LW fight way over a LW weight! I think that Gomi is more WW than he makes out. But if scrapping and busting ass to drop near LW is his bag so be it.
2) Underestimating a fight is stupid. I see to often good fighters get tooled by lesser guys that prep for a fight were the good fighter sits on his ass thinking he can take the fight. Chuck V Jardine comes to mind right off the bat. Or a good/great fighter goes in hurt and gets tooled because he thinks he can take a fight hurt and win....Rua v Forrest, Tito v Forrest....come to think of it alot of guys think forrest will be easy even if they are hurt! I think some good fighters go in thinking they have a great game plan to take out a good fighter and they are so WRONG, like Rich V silva. In this case I think Gomi was smart enough to realize that Nick was tough, but just played the wrong game plan. He knew he was good, but faught a faulted fight.

As much as I know of watching four of Gomis fights, he is a dangerous guy. I would never say that BJ would run him over and take him out 10 times out of 10! But it is possible that BJ has some advantages that Gomi does not. Having said that I think you are right not to count out Gomi. I have learned never to count any fighter out....Herry v O'Brian for example!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Jewish-Spy » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:37 pm

whoever wrote Penn almost beat GSP I'm asking where eyes were while you watched it?
If it wasn't for the eye poking and the bleeding nose GSP would've finished BJ in the second with an ease.
Anyway it's time to see Gomi back in the game again. I would just hate to see him fight to stuff White's pockets and his ego
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:39 am

Jewish, BJ penn didnt not train for GSP and whipped his ass the first round, BJ Penn is probably the most talented fighter Pound per Pound in the game, cardio is an issue u wont see anymore, i would probably bet on BJ in a rematch with GSP, Gomi wont beat BJ, no lightweight in the game will, unless a magical cut apprears, or he gets KOed, which wont happen. Gomis a good fighter, the whole Diaz has a reach and a natural WW are not good excuses, he knew all that going into the fight, he just got his ass beat by a better fighter, thats all, gomis good, but not a tittle contender in the UFC LW or WW division. In my oppinion, to many good ground guys over here that would take him down at will and controll him, his BJJ hasnt impressed what so ever. he would struggle over here.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:36 pm

the question for this famedb... (whatever the rest of it is) is this: did someone send you here to purposely annoy people who actually know something about MMA or your just plain dumb?
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Gotta love this.

Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:38 pm

haha
FEDORisGOD

Postby famedbauwow » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:49 am

Why jewish, cause im right and ur not, usually. I know nothing, thats why i call most the fights before they happen, I may have been off with the Henderson SIlva fight but i called Herring, u post r the ridiculous ones, ur the DUMB one, ur terrible, clean it up, ur post r always just smart ass comments on other peoples opionions cause u know nothing and have no opionions of ur own, scared someone might make fun of u for ur ridicoulous thoughts. So just play the smartass guy on the forum, we all know ur an idiot.
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby famedbauwow » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:51 am

Look at the great Gomi checkin out Diaz, what is that about? Hey im sure Jewish probably knows somethin about that. LOL
famedbauwow
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:20 pm

Gomi checkin Diaz? Not only there is something wrong with your rational thining but your eyes as well.
Either way I'm not trying to be a smart ass here but your typings are so.... aaarrgghhh.
Fedorisgod or Kensei are the ones to look up to. These guys are MMA freaks.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Re: Takanori Gomi

Postby Kensei » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:02 am

I just read how many people think that Chung Le is over rated...and he might be, but let look at the Japanese Bomber here for a second. At 29/5 you would not say that he is over rated...but he just lost his last fight in a bit more than a minute and offered up no...and I mean NO offence at all. He has lost his last two fights against guys that are Okay, but not top ten by any means. Who has he really taken out that is a big name? Brennan, Pulver, Kawajiri, Sakurai, Ishida, Aurilio and Ludwig. Well Ludwig, Brennan and Pulver are over rated themselves! Sakurai, Ishida and Kawajiri are only tested in the land of sushi and Gasha and Aurilio kicked his ass the first time then fell to a Gomi freindly judging pannel the second time. He has not proven anything other than he can not beat any real good fighters and when he thinks he can not skin them he does not put his belt on the line.

I would have to say that this loss, and one were Kitoaka did not even get a good work out, proves that Gomi was either over rated or is just done! The Fire ball kid needs to hang up his MMA gloves or start provinghe can do it!!
Kensei

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters