10 (T)KOs (76.92%)
2 Submissions (15.38%)
1 Decisions (7.69%)
Association American Top Team
Height 6'1 (185cm)
Weight 204lbs (93kg)
City Sao Paulo
Country Brazil

Thiago Anderson Ramos Da Silva (born November 12, 1982) is a professional mixed martial arts fighter who trains with the team American Top Team out of Florida. Silva is a Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt and as is typical of Chute Boxe (having originally trained there) fighters a strong Muay Thai fighter. He fights as a Light Heavyweight with the UFC.

Thiago made his UFC debut against another fighter James Irvin at UFC 71 on May 26, 2007, which he won by TKO (due to a knee injury) in the first round. Silva then won his next fight against UFC newcomer Tomasz Drwal at UFC 75.

Silva beat Houston Alexander at UFC 78 by technical knockout due to (strikes from mount) in round one. Silva took Houston down to side control and eventually got a mount. While mounted Silva landed punches to Alexander's head until the referee finally called a stop to the fight.

Thiago defeated Antonio Mendes at UFC 84 by submission due to strikes in Las Vegas.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu May 29, 2008 12:09 pm

I have been really impressed with Thiago Silva so far. He has looked fantastic, his ground game is awesome and it's very aggressive too which I love. He is also very skilled in BJJ and his balance is fantastic. at this moment in time it's hard not to put him in the elite few in the UFC LHW's.

Yes he his win over Irvin was rather fortunate, but he destroyed alexander. I was soo impressed with his last win over Mendes, He looked fantastic especially as he looked dead and buried in the first few mins.

I would like to see him face a good wrestler like Rashad and totally take him apart on the ground. Maybe even a fight with soku, Bonner or Jardine would be interesting too (randon names I know). I want to see him fight some more well rounded fighters, lets give him the chance to see if he is a potential title challenger anytime soon.

I can see him doing well and going far in the UFC LHW, nobody will have an easy fight against him.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sat May 31, 2008 5:45 pm

AS impressive and a badass as he tries to be this guy can be beaten. I even think Chuck could catch him. I think he would butcher Bonner or Jardine but a match up with Sokodjou would be interesting.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat May 31, 2008 10:36 pm

There is no doubt he can be beaten, it showed that in his lastt fight against Mendes when he got dropped to but as of yet, he has done fantastic. He has beaten everyone put in front of him and done so in impressive fashion. His fights are technical and cos of his aggression they will appeal to all fans.
I would so like to see him face the top LHW's now, a fight with Soku would be the fight to get me buzzing.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kuark » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:26 am

he is defiantly becoming one of my favorite fighters
Kuark
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:29 am

The way he fights I think he is someone most people will enjoy watching. Definatly one of the Elite and rising.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:02 am

"Elite and rising" maybe, I think he is a great fighter that will have issues to over come when he drops his first fight.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:11 pm

Thats why he must start fighting the top guys right now...he has been some good fighters and looked fab doing it. So the only way to see if he is that good is to put him against the elite. Personally I am routing for him against most, would like to see him fight rashad too, ( said the same bout machida too) both guys i think would end his win streak.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

fav fighter

Postby Master-Doug » Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:11 pm

He is one of my favorite fighters at Light Heavyweight
Master-Doug
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:28 am

Well the UFC has just redemed themselves hugely, UFC 89 in the UK was set to be a bit dull with the main evnt being Bisping Vs. Leben but other fights have made it look awesome, so hats of to them.

For me Thiago Silva Vs. Machida looks fantastic, I like both men and think both are in the top 5 205lb guys in the world. I think both men are so skilled, very exciting and interesting to watch.

It's such a pity that someone has to lose this fight and refuse to back anyone as i am such an avid fan of both guys. I do however favor Machida to take it as he has more ways to win. I just want to see Silva give him a real tough hard fight and for both men to put on a real clinic of their skills. Hopefully who ever loses will not fall in the rankings to much, they are to good for that IMO! 8)
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:15 am

i'm sure Thiago will push the pace and try to make it his fight.... Anyway, I cannot wait to see another K/O by Shane Carwin. :) Also, UFC is trying to get this event for FREE and promote UFC 90 which will be a blockbuster of a card!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:06 pm

I can't even tell you how much I've been chomping at the bit to see his upcoming fight with Machida. Seeing as Thiago's the underdog I'm most definitely rooting for him to pull the upset. I think he has the skills to do it now he just needs to execute them in the Octagon.
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:46 am

I Love Thiago Silva and since coming to the UFC he has had some great fights and looked fantastic. However Machida is pure class and think he might be a bit to much for him. Both guys are genuine top fighters and I'm a big fan of them both.

I got to say Machida will take this just not sure how yet :lol: but wouldn't care in the least if Thiago Silva won. Just looking forward to what could be an amazing LHW MMA fight!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Re: Thiago Silva

Postby mmaquickhits » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:48 am

Getting back no the topic of Thiago Silva, he's an outstanding mixed martial artist who's only losses have come to Lyoto Machida and Rashad Evans. Silva's suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission is done at the turn of the new year. It will be interesting to see how he comes back from the long layoff.

http://www.mmaquickhits.com
mmaquickhits
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Fighters