Login Sign Up

Too late to start MMA??

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

Too late to start MMA??

Postby jarrod159 » Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:08 pm

hello everyone. i know this has probably been asked by people before but i havent searched it. i was wondering if im too old (20 years old since last week) to start mma training?
jarrod159
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Too late to start MMA??

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:44 am

NEVER TOO OLD! im 23, never had ANY type of martial arts training and will starting VERY soon myself. just waiting on shcool loans lol.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:21 am

to train or compete? The answer to both is that you should be fine!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby jarrod159 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:28 pm

yea i was hoping that was the answer. im thinking of maybe moving to go to that school in mass you guys told me about. im also gonna wrestle for my college at the same time to get as much training in as possible before actually entering in amateur fights.
jarrod159
White Belt
White Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:44 am

jarrod159 wrote:yea i was hoping that was the answer. im thinking of maybe moving to go to that school in mass you guys told me about. im also gonna wrestle for my college at the same time to get as much training in as possible before actually entering in amateur fights.

sounds like a plan. just dont go in prematurely. other than that have fun with it. once i start i dont know if ill ever step in a cage and fight. i like the idea of somehting new, challenging, and fun.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Fi*t*zy » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:15 pm

Ok... I wanna start training for MMA. What's the best way to start? I'm a 5'7'' ,145lb 18 yr old girl and I lift weights and I play ball. I would just find friends to spar with but I wanna do everything right and get some technique. I've done a little boxing. If anyone knows a place in Berea Ky to train that would be killer, but I don't expect any off you to have even heard of that place. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.
Fi*t*zy
White Belt
White Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Fi*t*zy wrote:Ok... I wanna start training for MMA. What's the best way to start? I'm a 5'7'' ,145lb 18 yr old girl and I lift weights and I play ball. I would just find friends to spar with but I wanna do everything right and get some technique. I've done a little boxing. If anyone knows a place in Berea Ky to train that would be killer, but I don't expect any off you to have even heard of that place. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks.

welcome and good luck. all you can do is look around. im kind of in the same boat. i took me forever to find a legit gym around my way. i finally found one and nowi just have ot wait for school oan info to come back. JUST DONT DO ANYTHING PREMATURELY!!!
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to MMA & NHB