Login Sign Up

TUF 4 lineup

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:48 pm

GrappleorWrestle wrote:Good ol'reality television. Does anyone else not think that this is hindering the sport as well as helping it?

Its really a mixed blessing. It's good to attract more followers. But, it dramatizes the sport. Im cool with it as long as they dont do that stuff on the PPVs.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:10 pm

Dear God, it better not turn into WWE.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:14 pm

any one have any idea who is on the TUF 5 show yet? who the coaches will be??
James

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:56 pm

TUF 5 & 6 will air in 2007, and TUF 7 will air in 2008.UFC just signed it with Spike.. All I know about TUF 5 is that Jens Pulver is confirmed as one of the coaches.. I'll keep digging.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:48 am

Latvian Lunatic wrote:TUF 5 & 6 will air in 2007, and TUF 7 will air in 2008.UFC just signed it with Spike.. All I know about TUF 5 is that Jens Pulver is confirmed as one of the coaches.. I'll keep digging.

I actually think that TUF is good for the UFC. I know alot of people hate the show ext, but I am looking past that, which some idiots cant! Lets face it the UFC needs to have new blood come in, with retirements and poor showings the fighters are limited in shelf life and you dont want a 4/27 fighter showing up on a PPV. so new blood is good. I also like that the coaches personalities get to be shown a bit. I would love for the formats to be spiced up all the time like say a reality show like survivor or something. Like this time it is all LW fighters, but maybe one camp could be made up of BJJ guys and one of strikers and then the names get pulled out of a hat for fighters. Or one camp and everyone gets to compete to win the right to challenge or something. Just a few ideas to throw out their.

James

Kensei

Postby stevebags » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:19 am

BJ Penn was rumoured to be a coach and 4 vets of ufc lw and 4 newcomers but not confirmed
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:31 am

I heard Penn too. Should have mixed HWs in there too though.. That division is starving.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:04 pm

totally Agree, if they are using the TUF show to feed the divisions then they should expand the format to include the HW as well. They have about as many guys dropping from welter to light as they have in the HW right now so why not.
James

Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:11 pm

I have heard Penn and Pulver. But who knows?
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:05 pm

Just rumer right now. I dont know about either guy. Pulver went down fast and UFC is not happy as they had plans for him and we know the only guy more moody than Shamrock is Penn so who knows.

James

Kensei

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:28 pm

Class shifting pisses me off. Rashad, Jardine, Stevenson, etc etc. Thats crap, they enter whatever weight class is being casted to get their shot then drop. The whole point is to grow a division, she should be contracted to fight in a weight class.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Nov 19, 2006 11:37 am

I agree, I have nothing against a established fighter in Welter moving up or down to go for a strap, but if they are trying to "bulk" up a class they should have to fight in that class.

Kensei

Postby Latvian Lunatic » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:33 pm

Well the point of TUF was t recruit for divisions. LL is getting upset.
Image ImageImage
Latvian Lunatic
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:51 pm

lMAO, Lord knows we dont want that.

Kensei

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:49 pm

It is a bunch of crap. Where are all the HW fighters at? That division needs the biggest infusion of fighters and talent. Come on Dana get to work.
- E. Cates

- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to News