Login Sign Up

TUF 4 lineup

Moderators: Sub-Zero, Forum Moderators

TUF 4 lineup

Postby Gurre » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:43 am

UFC announced the cast for The Ultimate Fighter 4 "The Comeback" after their Ultimate Fight Night 5 special on Spike TV. Here's what we got, now officially confirmed:

Welterweights
-Mikey Burnett
-Rich Clementi
-Matt Sera
-Shonie Carter
-Pete Spratt
-Chris Lytle
-Din Thomas
-Jeremy Jackson

Middleweights
-Patrick Cote
-Edwin Dewees
-Travis Lutter
-Charles McCarthy
-Gideon Ray
-Jorge Rivera
-Pete Sell
-Scott Smith

Training advisors will be Randy Couture and George St. Pierre.
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:55 am

WOOT! I cannot wait for this. You have one Legend that is coaching and one man that could become a Legend. This is going to be a great season of TUF. The fighters seem to be evenly matched. But half of the fighters I have not even seen before. So I do not know.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby High kick = Nap time » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:21 am

HELL yeah, this season is gonna pwn 1-3 in the fuckin face!!
...Ill crack your fucking head wide open in front of everybody. And just about the time when I'm coming out of jail...hOpefully...you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what, Ill split your fucking head open again.
High kick = Nap time
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby stevebags » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:02 pm

to be honest im not that excited about this, it could be a better show than this. But what will be interesting is how the competitors react to being instructed by fellow mma stars. i like to see the average guys who have a chance of a lifetime to prove themselves and try and gain that 6 figure contract. But as a open question to all does anyone think they are doing this because they are disappointed with the talent that has come through tuf 1,2,3?
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:44 pm

no way they are dissapointed with griffin and franklin. and im sure they are not going to be dissapointed with bisping. grove and herman have the skills to excel.

but maybe they were a bit dissapointed with how sloppy some of the other fighters were, but hey, someone has to lose.
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:24 pm

I think they are trying to somewhat. I mean look how dull the fights were this season. I mean some of them looked like they could care less about the opportunity they had. I mean looked who they were coached by. They should have had more determination. So I am thinking by adding a little more talent this may change. But who knows?
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby JimmysEgo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:39 pm

they should have an episode with pros that suck against newcomers. if a newcomer beats a pro that sucks then the newcomer should get a career shot. if a pro that sucks loses to the newcomer then they should go get a job. Wal-Mart is hiring.
JimmysEgo
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby High kick = Nap time » Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:14 pm

ROFL, that's not a bad idea Jimmy. Some of these fighters I can't wait to see again, others I couldn't give a shit about seeing. Either way, at the very least everyone there will be coming to fight, not just be on TV.
...Ill crack your fucking head wide open in front of everybody. And just about the time when I'm coming out of jail...hOpefully...you'll be coming out of your coma. And guess what, Ill split your fucking head open again.
High kick = Nap time
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby stevebags » Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:13 am

JimmysEgo wrote:no way they are dissapointed with griffin and franklin. and im sure they are not going to be dissapointed with bisping. grove and herman have the skills to excel.

but maybe they were a bit dissapointed with how sloppy some of the other fighters were, but hey, someone has to lose.

Franklin didnt come through tuf, he fought on it as a main event not part of the show
"...the man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done."

http://www.myspace.com/stevebaggaley
stevebags
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby kungfuvanity » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:06 am

thank you for clearing that up
Guro Bryan P. Daly
Secretary General
World Kali Silat Society
kungfuvanity
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby kungfuvanity » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:06 am

lol
Guro Bryan P. Daly
Secretary General
World Kali Silat Society
kungfuvanity
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby High kick = Nap time » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:34 am

LoL I love how Kungfu makes 2 or 3 posts back to back with a sentence of less, You never heard of the EDIT feature? =P
High kick = Nap time
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby kungfuvanity » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:54 pm

I don't like UFC vets in this that is some shit Jorge Rivera and Pat Cotex, why are they on TUF
Guro Bryan P. Daly
Secretary General
World Kali Silat Society
kungfuvanity
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby kungfuvanity » Sun Jul 02, 2006 4:56 pm

i LOVE HOW YOUR MAD i GOT MY BLUEBELT BEFORE U. 3 DAYS!!!!
Guro Bryan P. Daly
Secretary General
World Kali Silat Society
kungfuvanity
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby High kick = Nap time » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:11 pm

I'm not mad bro, it's just kinda annoying reading 3 consecutive one sentence posts is all. I wasn't sure but I had a good idea that was against the rules, just tryin to help ya out b4 Gurre got out the gimp stick =P
High kick = Nap time
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Next

Return to News