Login Sign Up

UFC 112 the card that should have been

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

UFC 112 the card that should have been

Postby Kensei » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:12 am

So, lets go over the card and what we learned as a result of the card!

First lets get the white elephant in the room out of the way....Anderson Silva is unselable and starting to make the UFC look bad! No one can be sure why, but Silva went from a guy taking out Leben and Franklin with such precision and ease that he became the P4P champion. All this crap about being unmotivated or unchallenged is just that. His last three fights at MW have been Maia, Leites and Cote. While he has clowned all of them Cote seemed to be on his way to a better fight before his knee blew out on him. Leites was a horrible fight and Maia just as bad. it seems that Silva will only be challenged by fighters who bring it to him...so what does that mean? Well, no more putting Jitsu guys with little hope of ground fighting against the Brazilian and start courting guys that will take it to him in the stand up...then he wont be such a dull boaring ass!

Penn got screwed over by the judges in this one! Did Frankie do enough to make it close, yes! was it as big a blow out as they suggest...I really dont think that he was that close to start with. Penn seemed unable to pull it together in the fourth and fifth, but he took appart Edgar in the first and second with the thrid being close. I could see the whole thing going to a split or a 48/47 but to say that Frankie won this fight 50/45 is sad...sad because that means that the judges were not watching or were scoring the fight on some weird slide that we dont get...educate the judges or the crowd on what the judges are looking for!

The best way to beat a BJJ man is to take his legs out with hard leg kicks! Renzo had stronger punching, he made Hughes face look pretty beat up in the end. and all Renzo had was a lit up leg and rocked a bit at the end. Renzo is 40 years old! I am not dissing the old guys...trust me on that. But I think he looked good for a guy that does not have a hope in hell of getting a shot at the title. Hughes however did not impress as well. He fought pretty much the only guy in WW who he can still beat and who will not make him look like an ass!...well more of an ass!

Lastly we were shown that some of the up and coming fighters were more apt to be on the main card going forwards than the old dogs that have done their thing.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Re: UFC 112 the card that should have been

Postby Kensei » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:46 am

and just to add insult to injury and really make Silva Look like a Douche and dirt bag, he was apparently swearing and putting down Maia all through the fight in Portugese. The insults were regionally important...so being called a play boy to us might not seem like much but when he yelled at Maia to get up "get up play boy so I can hit you again" and "were is your Jitsu now play boy" it was kind of like Gollatta yelling at a black opponent to "bring it darky" or "Shut up and fight N*&#ER" We would all flip out to hear such insults comeing from a white fighter...in this case it is almost as bad and from what I have read lots of the Brazilian press have caught this on tape and it is playing like nuts in Brazil..and no one is happy!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Return to MMA & NHB