Login Sign Up

UFC 96 - contains spoilers -

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

UFC 96 - contains spoilers -

Postby qwerty » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:38 pm

It was an aight night for me.

Carwin is the real deal. I mean, he can take a punch and he can definitely deliver one. Whose next for the man?

Rampage can still trash talk like no other. Evans struggled and only came out with M.F. LOL. The knock down didn't matter "Sardine" you still would've lost 29-28.

Pete Sell lost a lot of brain "CELL" that night.

Hamill is a dick - he swears he just defeated Fedor! It's Munoz asshole! It looks like UFC Philippines will not happen anytime soon.

Hamill's girl still hot though:

Maynard remains a massive and boring 155lber but is standup is improving.

Brilz can take a punch. Best line of the night "you are no a boxer - take him down!" I was hoping he would've gone for a sub though.

Vera fought a gimme and took the fight overly confident. He was very stationary but maybe that was his game plan against a gimme fighter.

Grove still employed... must be nice to have that kind of reach advantage against another striker.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: UFC 96 - contains spoilers -

Postby Kensei » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:29 am

After watching the whole fight card and seeing the issues here are my notes on the fights. First off the Refs were HORRIBLE! First you have the WAY to early stop that gave Shane Nelson the win when Riley could very well have taken the fight in the end. and then you have the one sided ass whooping that almost put sell on the bench for good...Rain man anyone? They need Big John back and giving Refs seminars!

Okay, so here is more Spewtum for you all.
Nelson V Riley: This should be a NC because of the crappy Refing. WTF was that ref on that made him think that the fight should be stopped after one punch and with Riley hitting the floor and then defending well it was NOT OVER. SO what the ref created his own style of Kratty....Any friggin moron can go buy a Karate Gi and look up a cool Japanese word on Google and open a club, does not mean that he can teach Karate, Knows anything about fighting or should be a friggin ref! Okay, tantrum over. The fight sucked it is a do over and this time Aaron will come out and kill Shane.

Vera V Patt: Vera looked way good here. First off he blasted the hell out of Mike Patt, who was way over weight for the LHW, should drop to MW or WW man. But the leg kicks were awsome and he looked in shape. he did not have to move around because Patt was a immobile target for him to play with. He was NOT ONCE in trouble and this was a gimme match to the tenth power.

Brilz V Boetsch:Boetsch started strong, then fell appart as Brilz landed more but basically took over the walking him down game. I dont think eather fighter looked outstanding and the old Tim Boetsch went missing before that fight....no longer a Viking I think he looked more like a pikeman! Time to reasses training and hunger now Tim. Will Brilz make a huge impact in the UFC. NO! But he might be a good filler for a while.

Grove V Day: Wow, I hate Grove, but that reach made Day suffer. First off Day was NOT in the kind of shape he needed to be to push the pace for three five minutes. He came in and put Grove on his heels and kept him their for the first bit of the round, then he gassed and Kendal nailed him with that long reach. You want to beat a longer guy, keep inside his reach!
Kendal might get to keep his job, but lets face it...that is not a forever kind of thing, I dont see him coming off the undercard anytime soon.

McCrory V Madigan: Basically Tamdan was given a easy win here people. Madigan looked shocked and out of it the whole time the fight was on the ground....as breif as it was. Standing he did okay, but on the ground Tamdans PHD in BJJ looked very good Compaired to the Kindygarden level of Madigan!

Maynard V Miller:Lets see....three words...Dull, Dull and DULL! Maynards stand up did look better but holly Nyquil batman, this fight was so dull I got up to get a drink and take a pee and PRAYED my bladder held enough to keep me busy till Gray was done stinking up the cage. Jim not exactly a wrestling test for Gray and the fight took way to long for Gray to basically do his strategy...Punch, punch...take down...lay on him till we have to get up..Repeat. I pray that the UFC sees this and realizes that Gray should be put in against GREAT fighters to expose him or should be tossed to the under card as a filler. the only good thing I have to say about grays fighting is occasionally we get some funny shit like him KO'ing himself!

Hamill V Munoz:Yah, Dick move by Hamill! You just finish decapitations in the ring and now you are dancing around like you just won the new car! Dick! Okay, enough of that. Matt is growing as a MMA fighter....if not a person....and his striking is now looking more like the current MW Champion in Rashad Evens. Better punching and the odd Head kick KO from the wrestler. Makes it hard to get ready to fight him if you dont know what tricks he is working on. Hamill however is not going to continue being a fan favorite once his antics in the ring catch up to him. Yah, he said sorry...but I would not be shocked if we see that side of him again.

Brown V Sell: If ever their was a case that could be made for getting rid of a ref...Yves La"fuck up" just made it. First he sees Matt Brown take off Sells head and Sell fall helpless to the ground, two more punches and he steps in to save sell...or does he? He jumps back and signals Brown to continue the slaughter. Clearly unhappy Brown sees Sell strugle to his feet and he blasts him again, out of it and basically working on what is left of his brain stem Sell falls again...and Yves says fight on??? Now pissed off Brown plays a game of Wakamole with Sells Head while signaling and yelling at Yves who is probably doing his taxes in his head at this point because he is no were to be found in the fight! Mercifully, Yves realizes he is a Canadian Citizen and does not need the C345 Forms that he has been trying to figure out and stops the fight just shy of a full on homicide! Brown, at this point, should have nailed Yves with that head kick to end his reffing days...but he had alot more control that I would have had...to bad!

Carwin V Gonzaga: Carwin can sure take and give punches. Staggered baddly by a Gabe punch Carwin looked DONE. then he grabbed Gabes legs and held on while the cob webs cleared. Right after that he lands a few and then works for a short right that drops Gabe and puts the lights out. Gabe was so out of it that he did not feel the next four or five shots. They list it as a TKO, but he was out man. Carwin is a heavy hitter and a great wrestler. He may very well be a force in the HW division. But I dont see him challenging for a strap anytime soon. he will be the next Gary Goodridge (if you are not sure google him) in the UFC.

Jackson V Jardine:Back and forth and a lot closer than many might think. Jardine was a great test for Jackson and proved that he can not only take a punch or six, but also give jackson a run for his money. The two things that struck me about this fight were the lack of actual wrestling that the former wrestler....jackson actually employed. And the fact that he could not get off with all his power against Jardine. Anyone thinking that Jardines loss will be Rashads win? Everytime Jardine fights someone Greg Jackson is sitting in his corner analysing how his next fighter will take on the opponent. I think that Rashad will beat Jackson when they face eachother and Jardine will be the reason.

Not a bad showing but I sure did not feel that the $50 was well spent.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Gurre » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 am

Man Mike Patt looked alot like those guys on youtube doing the UFC parody. Hilarious and he was way way overweight.

As for Vera, I really don't like that dude. He tried to be a showoff and flashy, but as soon as he gets in there with someone with a little quality he gets thrown around and gets his ass kicked.

Matt Hamill's striking is still as bad as it looks. Can't belive he doesn't get KOed more!

And oh yah, what about the main event? IT SUCKED! I strongly dislike Jardine's style... hands down? Come on man! And what's wrong with rampage? jeez......

PS. LOL great pic. Love it how everyone keeps commenting om Matt's gf
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fightDR » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:39 am

NOT a bad night of fighting...
lets start with Main event HORRIBLE. Jardine is not a main event fighter and I agree that his style is ugly. Rampage looked bad and didn't show what he is about in this dull ass fight. Rampage has more than he showed and even after the win is not no 1 contender. Liked the bull shit with rashad at the end but that was it.

Carwin did well to land that punch and has a great chin as Gabe was landing some beautiful shots. I understand why Gabe went in for the kill like he did but against a guy with power like that you need to keep you MMA head on and keep cautious. Was hoping Gabe would finish him but a good fight I thought.

Hamill yeah still a bit of a dick but he had a GREAT KO, in front of his home fans surely he is intitle to get a little light headed. His striking is getting better all the time, still no world class striker of course but he is developing so lets cut him some slack, and I am not a fan of his at all.

Day Vs. Grove, was a decent fight with a decent finish and Grove was right he is lucky to still have a job cos if he lost time to start job hunting. I think Day is probably going down that route now.

Gray Maynard what can I say that already hasn't been said, nothing. He is a big strong boring bastard. I am tred of seeing him fight. Would love to see him get KO'd in his next fight and I don't care to who lol.

Still don't like Vera and simply put never will lol...but as for enjoyment I have to say NOT BAD. 8 out of 10 I would say.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Return to MMA & NHB