Login Sign Up

Undertaker Promoted to BJJ Blackbelt

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Undertaker Promoted to BJJ Blackbelt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:11 pm

As everyone already knows the Undertaker has an extensive background in BJJ, but he has been recently been promoted to the rank of Blackbelt under Steven Williams. The UFC has shown keen interest in adding The Undertaker to the HW roster as Dana White comments:

This guy is amazing on the ground, I’ve seen him roll before and let me tell you his skill level is f****** amazing. We would be happy to have him in the UFC, actually we are currently in talks and if everything goes to plan, expect to see him in the UFC by June of next year.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Undertaker Promoted to BJJ Blackbelt

Postby qwerty » Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:10 pm

How old is this guy??? LOL.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:07 am

qwerty wrote:How old is this guy??? LOL.

The perfect question :!: :!: :!:
As interesting as it would be to see it It's a little late in the day for his career change.
Once again though Dana is not all bout the benjamins :lol:
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby donovan99 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:45 am

The Undertaker is 43 (born in 1965) - yeah I was a fan of this guy during the time my brother had just bought the album "...and Justice for All" LOL
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:22 am

wow, haha yea undertaker has been around for ever... I always thought it was 2 different guys? but was it the same guy all along?

UFC, WWF.. same thing - Undertaker, Bobby Lashley and Brock Lesnar all in the UFC....

And I bet we'll just keep seeing more and more of this in the future, especially now since Brock made it to champion.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:01 am

The first guy I saw come across to MMA from the WWE was WWE reality show winner (can' remember show title) Daniel Puder. He was on the first strikeforce event Shamrock Vs. Gracie. He had a few fights and actually did alright winning quite a few but god knows where his is now.

Then we had Sean O'Haire, this guy was very strong and in good shape but had the technique of Tank Abbott doing BJJ. He was a complete flash in the pan last I saw he went to K-1 and got his ass kicked bad.

The undertaker has the ground game but lets face it he is to old to get experience and he is just a short term money maker.
Brock at least has the wrestling credentials to be a top fighter and works as hard as anyone.
Bobby Lashley has good wrestling and is a powerful fast guy but the Jury is out for the time being.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:04 pm

I believe Daniel Puder started his career in MMA then transitioned to WWE then went back to MMA.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:51 pm

I heard he was training MMA before he went to WWE but i found no record of him fighting or anything bout him period before wrestling.
My point was more that after his short spell in WWE he still got the headlines although small ones and the nickname of being the winner of the TUF style programme that the WWE has. He brought his fame with him but cos he was a nobody in the WWE his name in the end meant shit in MMA.
He was the first to come into MMA from WWE I think. Well You could say Tank Abbott but he took his fame from MMA to Pro Wrestling then came back a TOTAL HACK! :lol: so i don't count him.

Can anybody else think of other WWE or Pro wrestlers coming into MMA.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Since you mentioned that, SHAMROCK was in MMA, then WWE, then back to MMA way before Puder... ;) Dan the Beast "Tom Sellick" Servern also made appearance in WWE.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Gurre » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:12 am

who gave him his blackbelt? that dude is totally unknown!
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby fightDR » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:41 am

How the bloody hell did I forget about Shamrock :lol: Even Dan Severn I should have known too. Yeah qwerty they were before Puder but they were big fighters before they went to WWE where Daniel Puder was not. he came into MMA with his fame from WWE. Severn, Tank and SKAMrock had fame went to WWE then brought that fan base back with them. Good call though qwerty.

Also does anyone actually know if The Undertaker is worthy of Black Belt status? Gurre has pointed out the guy who gave it to him is unknown so how legit is his blackbelt and how good is he. Just me being CYNICAL :lol: but I think it's a fair question. Would be rather pissed if it is all hype about his ground game and his black belt.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:10 pm

He got his blackbelt delivered to him from a UPS truck.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:22 pm

haha, probably!
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Gurre » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:31 pm

qwerty wrote:He got his blackbelt delivered to him from a UPS truck.

McDojo, now with home delivery!
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to BJJ, Judo, Submission Wrestling & Wrestling