Login Sign Up

Urijah Faber

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:17 pm

Bibiano Fernandez
Genki Sudo
Yaya

regardless of who hes beaten, the guy has to stuff his face just to make 145 and KO's guys like nothing. Knocked down Masato in K-1. The guy is an absolute monster.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Reymode » Thu Jun 19, 2008 8:59 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:Bibiano Fernandez
Genki Sudo
Yaya

regardless of who hes beaten, the guy has to stuff his face just to make 145 and KO's guys like nothing. Knocked down Masato in K-1. The guy is an absolute monster.

I agree he's a monster I just don't think he would have an easy time with Faber.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:35 pm

I never said he would have an easy time beating Faber, I said he would have an easy time taking him down. Kid's wrestling is that good IMHO.
FEDORisGOD

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:36 pm

FEDORisGOD wrote:I never said he would have an easy time beating Faber, I said he would have an easy time taking him down. Kid's wrestling is that good IMHO.

from what I saw in the 2 fights he does look to have some mad skills, It's actually a fight i would like to see for Faber, well eventually anyway.

I just don't want Faber to start facing nobody's now, he needs to be fighting the top TOP guys, not just in the WEC but in the world. If he does the sky is the limit for this boy, if he doesn't he will just be a good guy who hasn't proved it quite enough!!!
I want to see the first for him, prob my fav fighter in the world right now!!!
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:00 pm

In fact, I think Dna and the UFC should start to build Faber up more, since he lost to Tyson Griffin he has been on a total tear up and no is the chance for him to go main stream.

I don't think there is any 145lb guy in the WEC who can beat him or or make a big headline event. Maybe they could bring in someone from japan or something, even donate a small LW from the UFC for me I would love to see Faber Vs Edgar or griffin 2, damn thats main event time....IMO anyway!!!
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:31 am

A Frank Edgar dropping to 145lb (he looked very small against Gray Maynard at 155lb) can give Faber a run for his money. At 155lb he defeated Tyson Griffin :)
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:38 am

Yeah I think Edgar is a much more suited 145lb, and yes I know he beat Griffin where Faber Lost to him but Faber is a MUCH better fighter now than he was then.
Faber has added to his game so much, that fight would be epic as would a rematch with griffin.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:28 am

So Faber's next opponent has been announced and the fight is scheduled for September 10th against Mike Thomas Brown from American Top Team.
This if both men bring their A game which I expect them too will be an awesome fight. Brown is a good solid fighter with a very good record and have to say very worthy of this title fight.
I still however back my boy Faber but will not be easy for him. Very much looking forward to this 1, WEC is doing really well with Faber, the guy is worthy of the hype and marketing. Definatly my Fav fighter. 8)
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:25 am

I would like to see Leonard Garcia vs Faber early next year.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:39 am

That would be an awesome fight and although I think Faber will beat Brown lets not make other big fights for him until, this isn't a walk through by no means!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby jijitsukid35 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:03 pm

i want to see him in the ufc
jijitsukid35
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:37 am

If they bring in a 145lb weight division he will be 1 of the elite fighters. He isn't a 155lb fighter and would be eaten alive by some of them fighters in that division.
He needs to stay at that weight and so I don't see him in the UFC. I would rather see some better 145lb guys for him to fight in the WEC.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby DarkHorse » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:39 pm

I think he's a great fighter and I'd really like to see him fight Kid, move to LW and rematch Griffin, and take on Penn. Those are the fights I'd really like to see from him but I doub't they'll be happening soon.
DarkHorse
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:20 am

Well to find out the best fighter at 145lb he would have to fight Kid Yamamoto but as much as I am a HUGE faber fan I do think he would finish 2nd. Which is no shame as Kid is an awesome fighter but would be great to see but very much doubt we ever will see it.

As for BJ, he is too big for Faber and that will never happen. Faber knows he's not a LW and wont risk being an average fighter at that weight when e can be an awesome fighter where he is now.
As for a rematch with Griffin that does sound appealing just cos the 1st was a real exciting fight. Not sure we would see a different result but would be great to see.

There are lots of UFC LW's that would be good exciting fights for him, especially as some are just to small for that weight class and could cut to 155lb. Frank Edgar comes to mind.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby fightDR » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:23 am

Really looking forward to his upcoming fight with Mike Brown and think this could be an awesome fight with 1 of the best fighters on the planet having his hand raised again GO ON FABER MY SON :lol:
This could be fight of the month by far if not 1 of the fights of the year. Then again Faber's fights often are..not that I am biast or anything.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters