Login Sign Up

Urijah Faber

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Urijah Faber

Postby fightDR » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:58 am

HOLY SHIT...I am totally gutted. I did not see Brown beating Faber at all if I am honest. Faber seemed like he was keen to fight and get in their although I kind of get the feeling that he underestimated Brown. He seemed quite lathargic and dropped his hands alot. Maybe it was strategy to bring him in close or maybe he did just get carried away with the hype but that was not the Faber who I love to watch.
This could be the best thing to happen to Faber though as it may well just wake the beast inside him and potentially relight the fire in him that may well have gone out. His striking looked good, although not exactly text book but IMO he didn't come in prepared like he normally does. However hats off to Brown he did look good and maybe a fight with Gracia or a Gracia Vs Faber fight for a tile fight might be intersting.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:24 am

Brown was definately the bigger and stronger fighter that night that or Faber was just sloppy....as soon as the fight started and a few of the *upsets* I had a feeling Faber was going to lose. Great for Brown!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:34 pm

I think all of Faber's hype and publicity got to him, it happens.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:57 am

[quote="GrappleorWrestle"]I think all of Faber's hype and publicity got to him, it happens.[/quote]
I think so too, this could be the boot up the arse he needed to get his drive back. It has happened with B.J and GSP now Faber has to show he has the heart to come back after being knocked off top spot. We all know he has the talent now lets see if his heart can match it...do or die fir Faber now.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:28 am

Faber looked stunned that he was not walking threw the guy! He thought he was star struck by his own headlines!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:17 am

So with the result of the recent WEC event. Does it now mean Urijah faber is back to his best after such a bad loss to Mike Brown? Is he ready for a rematch so early or does he still need another top win before his title rematch. Jens Pulver is a tough and very good fighter and Faber destroyed him but IMO so did Garcia and it should now be Garcia Vs. Faber to see who fights for the title.

As for Pulver, can we stick a fork in him now he is so done? I hate to say it but I think he might just be.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:15 am

Actually, Garcia vs Brown is already scheduled... maybe Faber can fight the winner to gain his belt back.

Pulver is done... but I though it was a slap in the face when the announcer asked Pulver if he was still relevant... kind of funny too I guess.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:59 am

Thanx for the update qwerty, I wasn't aware the fight with Brown Vs. Garcia was set already. With that in mind I think Faber has to be in line for the winner.
He looks strange without his a belt around his waste and I cannot wait for him to get it back. He is still the man in my eyes and I strongly believe he will get it back sooner rather than later.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:00 pm

Well, in the mean time, Faber should fight Wagnney Fabiano or Jose Aldo (both from Nova Uniao) to see who will fight the winner of Brown/Garcia. Only make sense.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:38 am

It will be good for Faber to have a fight while he is waiting. I think he will thrive in a challenge and the promise of a title fight if he wins will only motivate him more. So yeah qwerty I agree with you.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kim » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:06 pm

http://www.wec.tv/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=20466

Would Faber had beat Brown if he hadn't broken his hand?
Kim
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby qwerty » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:17 am

[quote="Kim"]http://www.wec.tv/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=20466

Would Faber had beat Brown if he hadn't broken his hand?[/quote]

that's hard to say... it would've been more entertaining though. Maybe we will see a trilogy - like a third time is the charm moment i.e. Jackson beating Silva.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:31 am

Yea they need a thrid match, Faber smashed his hand in the first round and was trying to make do with elbows.
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kim » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:19 am

I vote Dallas for a rematch!
Kim
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:59 pm

i vote EAST COAST.....gives me better shots at seein it lol