2 (T)KOs ( 100 %)
Association Capital City Fighting Alliance
Height 5'6 (168cm)
Weight 140lbs (64kg)
Birth Date 5/14/1979
City Davis
State California
Country USA

Currently in contention to regain the WEC FW Title.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu May 22, 2008 8:58 am

Firstly let me say that I may be biast here as I am a HUGE fan of faber. This guy to me is one of the most underated and unexposed fighters in all MMA. Every fight of his is awesome and anyone who has never seen one of his bouts i recomend you watch them asap.

He is going to Destroy Jens, not gonna take him down and lay on him for a decision but will Take him down and GnP him to hell and back and wouldnt suporise me if he subbed him with some kind of choke. Or just stop him with good old effective GnP till he gets bloody and the ref helps Jens out.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Reymode » Sat May 24, 2008 8:47 pm

Yup faber is a great fighter. He is also I believe one the most over looked fighters in the world since he's in the WEC. The guy is very balanced and what impress the hell out me is his abilty to improvise during a fight.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Tue May 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Reymode wrote:Yup faber is a great fighter. He is also I believe one the most over looked fighters in the world since he's in the WEC. The guy is very balanced and what impress the hell out me is his abilty to improvise during a fight.

I think this is one of the best posts i have read, I am a huge faber fan and for some reason he doesnt get the respect he deserves.

That will change when he beats the shit out of Jens and the world sees him for the skillful well rounded athlete he is.
And anyone who hasnt seen a faber fight I pity you, he is pure class and even his loss to Tyson was amazing never puts on a bad fight.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Tue May 27, 2008 8:32 pm

His youth should overwhelm Jens
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Reymode » Tue May 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:His youth should overwhelm Jens

Yup Faber's wrestling and sub skills are superior to Pulver in my opinion. Pulver has improved his game as of late but I still think he will rely on his boxing to win. I can't wait to watch it next week.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue May 27, 2008 10:32 pm

You know, WEC fighters looks awesome as they fight other WEC fighters. Once an experience veterans fights them they cringe however!

If you think about it, do you seriously think any of the belt holders at 155 and above can challenge top UFC fighters? I give them slim to none!

Faber, at 145lbs is definately the exception to the rule. His win over Curan was impressive.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Reymode » Tue May 27, 2008 10:48 pm

qwerty wrote:You know, WEC fighters looks awesome as they fight other WEC fighters. Once an experience veterans fights them they cringe however!

If you think about it, do you seriously think any of the belt holders at 155 and above can challenge top UFC fighters? I give them slim to none!

Faber, at 145lbs is definately the exception to the rule. His win over Curan was impressive.

Faber fights at FW since that his natural weight class. Faber is only 5'6 and would be undersized at LW or higher because of his frame. But since you bring up the subject of fighters from the WEC being outclassed UFC fighters. Yes I agree it is the rule. But there are some excepion to that rule. Put Paulo Filho against almost any MW and I guarantee you they're going to in for a fight.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed May 28, 2008 3:18 am

WEC has good good fighters, the UFC is just the big brother brand for a reason so of course they will have the better fighters. Not that some of the WEC guys couldn't mix it up well and even beat some of the UFC boys.

As for Faber, at 155 he is a lil over sized, however he did give Tyson Griffin a hell of a fight and Griffing is a good LW in the UFC. Faber is just a natural fighter and very skilled if the uFC had a FW division he would be the first guy they would call. His win over Curran was awesome, just had to get that inn.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Wed May 28, 2008 11:50 am

Well, forgot about that drunkard Filho! Yes, he is a good fighter, and he almost got beat by Sonnen who is a UFC veteran.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Reymode » Wed May 28, 2008 2:50 pm

qwerty wrote:Well, forgot about that drunkard Filho! Yes, he is a good fighter, and he almost got beat by Sonnen who is a UFC veteran.

Yup Sonnen was doing will until Filho caught that him that armbar. Sonnen will get a rematch.
Reymode
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Wed May 28, 2008 7:29 pm

I still hope Jens will have that left hook to finnish the fight
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed May 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Jewish-Spy wrote:I still hope Jens will have that left hook to finnish the fight

Are you a big Jens fan? or do you just think he is the better fighter and will win? don't have a problem with either its just it would be great for Faber who is a masive prospect to be a dominant 145lb for many years.
He is a pure mma fighter, he is the future and so proffessional. He is great for mma. The guy goes at 100mph and always great to watch.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby fightDR » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 am

As it's a massive day for my boy Faber i thought I would take this chance to say GOOD LUCK, Hope you show jens the value of cross training and being well rounded. This is your chance to be the best LW in north america and 1 of the best in the world. Time for the new, Man I want him to beat Jens more than I want Bisping to beat Jason Day next week. I Love Faber, prob my fav fighter in the world right now.
Come on Son!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Jewish-Spy » Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:59 pm

No I'm not his fan. I'm only a fan of Fedor and I have much respect for Anderson. I also like Rampage, Wanderlei, Nogueira, Gomi and few more.
The reason I'm for Jens is cause I don't like that kid he's fighting.
Jewish-Spy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Next

Return to Fighters