Login Sign Up

Vitamin Water

Postby hardyboarder209 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:15 pm

vitamin water is obviously a much better substitute for soda or gatorade. i like to drink them because there are certain things in some of them that help you at the time and its in a drink for. like theres one that i drink after working out cuz it has potasium.

i would still highly recomend a daily vitamin. i use A-Z vitamins with all of the good stuff.
hardyboarder209
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Re: Vitamin Water

Postby shogun33 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Have you guys heard of Rapid Rehydration. Its this new drink made for fighters who cut weight to help them recover faster. Its like vitamen water or gatorade or any of those other sports drinks, except it is slightly healthier and made to rehydrate rather than just hydrate. Its not as sweet, but does the trick.
shogun33
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Vitamin Water

Postby Kensei » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:40 am

shogun33 wrote:Have you guys heard of Rapid Rehydration. Its this new drink made for fighters who cut weight to help them recover faster. Its like vitamen water or gatorade or any of those other sports drinks, except it is slightly healthier and made to rehydrate rather than just hydrate. Its not as sweet, but does the trick.

I read up on it a bit and the sales pitch is great...but it is just that. The thing is that with all the Psudo-Science they throw in their the best way to rehydrate is very slowly and basically to only do about 10 pounds MAX. the pros do it alot more and can cut down 20-30 pounds but what they dont tell you is that they feel like shit till right after the fight!

Cutting weight is a personal science and the use of drinks like this make it seem easy to do it. I would venture to guess that anyone using this to rehydrate after a MAJOR cut would end up feeling about as "good" as they would trying to rehydrate with any sport drink!

Back in the day my coach used to make us drink a mix that he made at home to rehydrate, really old school stuff with basically salt, some salt and sodium to taste, some vitamins that were added for our health and NO Vitamin C or other water soluable vitamins....we still all got the shits and cramps after cutting weight, after the first year of wrestling I stopped drinking it and went to gatorade, worked better, tasted better and I did not get the Crown pluggers as bad!

This stuff sounds like a much more expensive way to spend your money trying to get the right amount of electrolights for a rehydrate....If you have tried it how do you see it compaired to the others on the market...and remember what works for you may not work for others.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Previous

Return to Supplements, Diet, Equipment & Weight Training