Login Sign Up

Wanderlei Silva

Talk about the fighters here.

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, stevebags, Gurre

Re: Wanderlei Silva

Postby fightDR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:44 am

I am pleased with Wanda dropping down to MW. Like Kensei has said he had the speed advantage and has had the power to KO bigger guys at LHW now lets see if he truely does still have it. Wanda is a bloody monster as far as aggression goes now lets see how he fights some smaller methodical fighters, like already stated Marquardt will be a great fight. If MW's chose to stand and bang with Wanda I predict some bad ass KO's.
This is great for The Axe Murderer, the UFC, the fans and especially The MW division as they need some new blood o go in tear up some head and challenge The Spider. Not saying he will for some time or if he ever will but interesting thoughts.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:04 am

Lets face it, Wandi fighting at LHW is like Randy fighting at HW. It is time to get real here people....Wandi is a middle weight like Dan Henderson that insists on playing with the big boys.

I think he has a much better run ahead of him now that he is not dancing with guys that out muscle and power him. I dont know if he will battle the Spider any time soon, but it does offer up some great fights.

And Personally I dont think that Franklin should be at LHW nor Hendo. They just dont have the frame for it.
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:47 am

I totally agree 100% about Hendo and Franklin, both men will prob win a few fights there but as far as having top wins over top opponents and potential runs at the titles both men are legit MW's. Wanda has the power and aggression to fight anybody but he will always be giving up significant size and strenght advantage so I think him fighting at MW i very exciting. He has the potential and ability to really shake things up. I would pretty much bet on him to beat most MW's and I will enjoy watching him do it.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:28 am

It also builds up the MW divisions real fighters that can run at the belt. I mean their are alot of good C and B level guys at middle weight, but Wandi will be an A once he gets a few wins to prove he does not go to sleep easy!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:01 am

Yeah I do agree that he will add some class to the MW division and I hope the UFC give him the chance to get some wins under his belt rather than throw him in at the championshit end. I would like to see him get at least 3 good wins before a title shot. They might be looking at Wanda to be the next MW champ now they know Anderson is retiring.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Achille33 » Sat Jan 17, 2009 12:14 pm

Hello! welcome to Online Shop; www.shoes-trader.com

We are a trade and manufacturing company of brand name sport productions in China,Our main productions are:Jordan,Nike shoes;Lv,Prada bags;Jeans(evisu jeans.rmc short.);Sunglasses hat etc

Here I list some of our products.
Brand shoes: Nike, Adidas, Bape, BBC, Prada, LV, Timberland, Puma
Brand clothes: Gucci, Bape, BBC, Rock&republic Seven, Red Monkeys, Diesel, LEE, D&G
Brand bag: LOUIS VUITTON, GUCCI, CHANEL, CHRISTIAN DIOR, COACH
Brand Watch: ROLEX, RADO, Omega, Cartier.
Brand glasses: Chanel, Dior, Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Police, Fendy.

We insists that " SAFETY+ QUALITY+FAST DELIVERY+ GOOD PRICE = PERMANENT CUSTOMER".With high-standard quality, fastest delivery and satisfied service and reasonable price for you.

Welcome to visit our website www.shoes-trader.com if you want buy what,please contact us:
website: http:// www.shoes-trader.com msn is tradersshoes@hotmail.com
Thank you!
Best regards!
Achille33
White Belt
White Belt

Postby qwerty » Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 am

Rich Franklin will be training with Anderson Silva for Franklin's fight against Wandy! Let's add more gasoline to the burning fire why don't we. LOL. Now, I am truly hoping Wandy destroys Rich so we can have A. Silva vs. W. Silva! Anderson will have no choice but to engage with a fight against Wandy!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:02 am

no kidding
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Mon May 18, 2009 11:04 pm

Wanderlei wants to bet $50,000 USD that he will KO Rich in 2 rounds....

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2009/05/17/ ... wo-rounds/

Seriously, Wandy, is adding more pressure to himself. He needs to focus on the fight at hand. This is obviously what Rich Franklin wants and Wandy just took the bait.

Also, Wandy, you lost 4 of your last 5 fights. You may want to consider keeping your 50K for retirement!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Asa87 » Tue May 19, 2009 2:14 am

can anyone explain to me the bad blood between anderson silva and wanderelei silva?
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue May 19, 2009 4:41 am

Okay, they used to train with each other and in Brazil that kind of makes you family. Then Wandi dropped down to his natural weight and made a jest at Silva, which caused Silva..already under pressure to perform better, to get pissy and he invited Franklin to train with him, which in turn was a slap to Wandis face. Really, What they should have done is pumped up a fight between the two of them and not gotten personal. The whole "used to be training partners" was a good enough angle for me, now it is just getting personal and BS Drama queen-ish! My question is when are the Shamrock brothers going to pop out and take credit for the story line???
Kensei

Postby Asa87 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:06 am

oh right, so just cause they were at chute box together? then everyone has over exaggerated it for them lol, now it's spiraled out of control!
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue May 19, 2009 10:45 am

No they are doing the drama thing on their own...selling tickets you know!!!
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue May 19, 2009 1:50 pm

[quote="Kensei"]No they are doing the drama thing on their own...selling tickets you know!!![/quote]

BINGO! i mena really so you used to train with someone. didnt everyone used to train with everyone. that should have been over anddone with long ago, BUT, as you said somebody has to sell some tickets and air time.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby jawbreaker » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:13 am

Wanderlie killer instinct is second to none in MMA and I 'm still waiting for a fighter with the same intensity. His stare down alone is already legendary. Too bad UFC probably ruined his career.
jawbreaker
White Belt
White Belt

PreviousNext

Return to Fighters