Login Sign Up

what are some good supplements

Re: what are some good supplements

Postby Kensei » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:41 am

Shadow wrote:No worries old man, this one was kind of entertaining.

Well, after reading your post.....at least we can agree on one thing...I am old! :lol:

I think you mistake longer posts for something they are not! Which is fine. Like I said, skip them if they bug you, does not bother me one bit. But the fact that you take your time to read them and then complain about the length and content makes me laugh! I mean IF I really did not find value in some of your posting I would skip them as well. You are a tad bit agressive in some ways, that is fine, I am getting to see more of your "charactor" and understand with whom I am conversing.

The internet is a hard thing to figure out sometimes, you never know who you are conversing with unless they tell you. I never would have gotten to know who Gurre was or some of the other lads here if they did not share their back ground with me and tell me how old/Young they were, wht they did and were they were from. Also during a conversation about a specific subject I see guys say "I have been in Judo/Kickboxing/Thai boxing for 3 years" I know then what and whom I am dealing with. This brings up me telling you my back ground. It helps clear up the foggy points in a conversation. If you were to talk to me about BJJ and I were to tell you something wrong about a specific BJJ topic, I probably would debate blindly and get ticked that you were not qualifying your back ground in BJJ. If you said you had a purple belt I would then turn from one type of conversation to a different kind...listening and asking questions or listening and taking note. That is the full extent of my reason.

My reason for disliking "muscle mag" educated guys, and this is not to paint all of them with the same brush, is because of very bad experiences with some of them. A bud of mine had to be rushed to the emerg and then spent countles weeks in ICU because some meat head buddy was reading a magazine years ago that told them all about EAC and how the stack could help him get slim. One major health event later and he was told that this stack was the one reason he suffered a heart attack while we were running. I also have had some guys come into clinic who were "self medicating" with different suplaments. Did you know Creatine may have dangerous interactions with caffeine, ephedra and other herbs and supplements. Creatine may also interact with some prescription medications. So, you could meet a guy and tell him "hey I used Creatine and it worked for me" or on the net you could say" F*&K this stuff gave me massive gains and I loved it...you should try it" the guy thinking it is just like ASA grabs some and forgets to tell you that he is on Beta blockers for high blood pressure or kidney issues and ends up in the ICU for a week while they flush his body...all because the only questions asked of him were how tall was he and what did he weigh.

Shadow, you are a nice guy...I post way to long. These are fact. My point about the whole thing...and this is THE longest route I have taken to get to my point EVER...Be careful when suggesting sups on the net to guys that you should see as buddies. I always would say "See your doctor first". Or the ever so easy "unless you have medical conditions that you know of, and or are on any meds". it is way to easy to introduce the "next best thing" and find out it was the "next deadly thing" to someone else.

And yah...I got more stories! :lol:

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Asa87 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:44 am

ladies, settle this is pvt message if need be. I'm sure the threadstarter is still wanting some info on supplements.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:51 am

Asa87 wrote:ladies, settle this is pvt message if need be. I'm sure the threadstarter is still wanting some info on supplements.

Missed my point completely. If he wants info on Suplaments the best place to go is a sport clinic or his doctor. The suggestions he gets on internet sight could do more harm than good, physically or just to his wallet! :wink:

and Asa, you are right. I am done with the banter ext. I think it stopped being a debate a while back. :lol:

Kensei

Postby Kensei » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:49 am

Shadow,I can not disagree with all of these points you made...FINALLY some common ground and no hissing and spitting :lol: Well, I stopped long enough to realize you had good points, and this time you put them in place well enough for these old eyes to see it clearly :wink:

As far as being and expert, after all my "book learn'n" I still dont think I am an expert as well. I just know enough to realize I dont know enough to see myself as an expert. As a martial artist for over 40 years...dont tell anyone they might figure out how old I am...I agree with you about the striking as well. I Cant fault you on any of this. And giving advice then saying..."But ask your doctor" is a great way to put it when you suggest suplaments ext.

I agree with all of it...and now for my answer to Woods question...if he is still around! :wink:

wood52 wrote:I have started training, got my diet on track(for the most part), and have dropped 15 lbs in a month. When I started i was 230 and with just a few changes in my diet and traing three days a week and working out(cardio, weights) three nights a week I have dropped to 215. After dicussing it with the coaches I am training with 185 is the weight they think I would do best at. They think I will be a very big 185. I am looking forsome info on supplements that could help me.

First off Good for you, the 15 pounds is alot however! your liver has to work very hard to process the fat and it is hard on the system, so go carefully, and I hope you have a MD checking on you from time to time :wink:

First off CHECK WITH THE MD, but you can start off with a good Vitamin and mineral suplament to off set any thing your diet is lacking. Out side of that their are great meal shakes on the market that dont taste that bad! I would say that you should focus on your diet more and on getting good nutrition out of what you put in your mouth before turning to pills and liquids that are not food. Other than that maybe hook up with a nutritionalist (something Shadow said and made a TONE of sense).

Best of luck to you man and I hope our spat did not derail your thread to bad!

Kensei

Postby kevin1456 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:58 am

It’s only natural to get more greens into your diet. With NinjaGreens you do not need to rely too much on one food source to introduce a wide variety of fruits and veggies into your diet.this act as the good supplement as well and could be much helpful in maintaining your body structure.
NinjaGreens Organic Supplements
kevin1456
White Belt
White Belt

Postby donovan99 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:18 am

haha! Kensei...!

Anyways, going back to supplements, I recently bought muscletech's NaNO Vapor - and Halo. I take these with Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein.

I don't do supplements most of the time, I only buy them and take them irregularly except for the Whey Protein - which is a must.

NaNo Vapor - is to pump you up so you actually feel energized during your workout. It has about 5 grams of Creatine, which is recommended specially for Martial Arts.
Halo - is a Recovery supplement, to keep your protein from breaking down past the anabolic state - which is what happens when you work out really hard.

Anyways, I'll let you know how it goes, but I've tried BSN "NO Explode" and its pretty much the same as NaNo Vapor - with a little less creatine.

Thats my two cents... anything else I stay away from, including the so called "legal Pro-hormones" because I know that they mess up your mood and once your off them you need to take another set of supplements just to keep your liver healthy and keep your hormones form going crazy.
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby donovan99 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:00 am

OK - I tried Nano Vapor BlueBerries - and its somewhat disgusting when compared to NO Explode Fruit Punch. So I recommend NO Explode - despite the fact that it may have a little less creatine - but it does give you the same good energy.

However, MuscleTech's Halo - was pretty good in the Orange flavor - and it has creatine as well. As far as the benefits, it's still to early to tell.
donovan99
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:25 am

have any of you ever tried satur8 by ISS i think? i tried it probably about 3 years ago now but that stuff actually worked great (for me) when i took it. i omnly too kit about 2moths or so but man it actually worked great in comparison to others for much less on the pocket.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby rydorien » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:28 am

im in the same boat...any ideas on good supps?
Sometimes the most urgent and vital thing you can possibly do is take a complete rest.
herbalife

herballife
rydorien
White Belt
White Belt

Previous

Return to Supplements, Diet, Equipment & Weight Training