Login Sign Up

who could beet Fedor?

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

who could beet Fedor?

Postby Kensei » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:47 am

Okay, So I have seen tones of these kinds of posts on the other forums but I figgured this one offers up an interesting thinking moment for some of us. Seeing as Barnett will NEVER pass a piss test in the US to fight Fedor...who in the states or the world could beat the master of the Heavy weights? Dont limit yourself to the guys that are in line like Belfort, but you can use him.

For me I would have to say...

Shane Carwin:The man is a monster, he keeps coming and he does not mind getting hit. He is a great wrestler and would be able to make a great shot at taking Fedor to the floor. His biggest issue would he his stupid need to prove he has a chin. The chubby Russian hits like a Mac Truck and alot harder than he is used to! He also would have to fight off lots of submissions while he tries to GNP the best HW in the world.

Randy Couture: Lots of people think that this fight is a no go because Randy lost to the current champion. But really Randy is about the smartest HW fighter in the division next to Fedor. The mental/physical chess match would be interesting and Randy would be able to make a easy jump to try and get his strap back having toppled the King.

Brock Lesner: Not only is everyone calling for this fight hoping that the Russian beats some humility into lesnar and proves that he is good, but should learn not to be so cocky, I think that Lesner would also be able to do the opposite and build his ego on this fight. Lesnar presents something that the Russian has never seen before, a big man...who is athletic...who is a great wrestler....who hits hard! He has faced guys that have one or the other but not all of this...then you add the friggin Size and the fact that he is not FAT with that size and you got a fight that Fedor should be avoiding in order to keep his record were it is.

Cain Velasquez: Young, hungry, strong and dangerous. Velasquez would be a huge challenge for Fedor. Not only can Cain push him around a bit but if they lock up he is in trouble with the power of the younger fight. Cain also has good leg kicks to take out the russians base. Power and skills, not yet the level of danger that Lesnar provides but it is their.

Brett Rogers:Come on who has not thought that Rogers was lucky in beating AA? Well I got news for you, the bugger hits like a cement brick and he is not scared of a stand up war with the russian. Perhaps the best challenge to Fedors Chin in the group, Rogers would not sweworry about a ground fight, but he would prefer to take fedor and push his face to the back o f his head. Rogers would be interesting but the fact that he beat AA, a Guy that Fedor KO'd before him, might not be enoguh to get this fight going.

So, how do you beat fedor? His stand up is crisp and he is deceptivly powerful in his striking. He has good wrestling and his Sambo skill add a dangerous dimention to standing with him and grappling. His ground skills are unique and dangerous. He has a good chin but not the best out their. I think you need to be a Crazy ass striker, a great wrestler who can lock up fast or a striker that must be able to smash cinder blocks to take out fedor...but mostly skills and LUCK. Out of all of these guys Randy and Brock take the lead in my mind. Randy because his planning and ability to work out plans is second only to Jacksons and Brock because not only does hi hit like a truck but he can take Fedor down and lay on him while doing a Mir on his face. But Fedor can counter all of that with his speed, skills and hsis planning.

I think that Fedro needs to fight Rogers then move over to the UFP to fight both of them and retire before age catches up to him.

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Re: who could beet Fedor?

Postby qwerty » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:54 am

Since none of those will happen anytime soon w/ exception to Brett Rogers, I might as well add an imaginative fighter - a 220lb Georges St. Pierre could beat a Fedor!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:35 pm

LMAO, a 220 pound GSP would look horride. He does not cut much weight to make the 170, he would need to pump up to 220 pounds and take his meal shakes with three Cheese burgers and a tone of poutine!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:12 pm

a 220lb GRP would be the best HW ive seen in AWHILE!
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:26 pm

in all seriousness though i liked the barnett fight. that would have been a good one. this may sound crazy but barnett could have failed the test intentionally due to the fact that he KNEW he was going to have to take one. he wasnt ready to lose to fedor yet. there again why would he do that with the great potential of ruining a career? hmmmmmmm.......

who could be fedor is a tough one. fedor is one of if not the smarterst fighter ive seen. he uses his head then skill his stregth and size. its tough to fight a very smart fighter like him. honestly i think it will take a VERY off day for fedor and a good one for whoever hes fighting. IF affliction plans on POSSIBLY staying alvie they may want to lure tito over there to fight fedor!

rogers - a tough guy but hasnt proved enoughto me yet to say he would beat fedor. plus he wanted 800K to fight him and turned down 500K!
velasquez - hes very young and tough and talented but i just dont see where he has it right now to take down fedor mainly in the mentality part.
lesnar - could definately do it if he could contain fedors strength, size, and speed. fodros ground game is WILD though!
couture - not too long ago maybe he could have but i see him as gradually sloping in the wrong direction. i just dont think couture has what it takes to beat fedor right now.
carwin - he has an decent chance in my mind. his size and wrestling would help him alot but fedor AGAIN is completely comfortable going to the ground or even defending the takedown. his sambo and judo are fantastic.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to MMA & NHB