Login Sign Up

Yah hoo Canada!!!!

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yah hoo Canada!!!!

Postby Kensei » Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:16 pm

First off, Way to go Canada, for those that dont know, not only did we beat a Great Hockey team to win gold, we did it in overtime and both teams looked good. We also (canada) now have two records to watch, the most gold Medals in a Winter olympics and the biggest come back from a week first weak to a great second week.

Now, This should answer a few questions, we had a rough start but Canada did great, so did the rest of the teams that came out. I am so happy to be Red and White tonight!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Re: Yah hoo Canada!!!!

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:03 am

and im happy to be red, white, and blue. we did good, and that last goal helped you take the most gold medals. congrats. although we have the most medals total :D . everyone did well. the only thing i can say is the fact of how much drama and mishaps happened. kind of crazy.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:09 pm

it was great for everyone. I do have to say that your poke about the most medals was funny....especially seeing as you have a population ten times larger than us and your last medal count looked pretty much like a country the same size as Canada...Maybe next wintergames you guys can really do well...hey maybe you guys can even get a few more golds! keep the faith!

It was a great showing by everyone and we all showed that we dont mind the image that some people have of us, it just reflects our sense of humor! Glad to be good hosts for everyone!

Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:30 am

yea it was a good showing for most. a few mishaps, but hey thats what happens when you get big events together like this. a shame about the luge accident too.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:09 pm

Shadow wrote:With the deaths, I can't argue there!

Uh, only one...unless you know something I dont!

Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:56 pm

it was one death but numerous poepl were intimidated by the course. and for good reason too. i think there was a pretty good two-man bobsled that overturned. cant remember everything though.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:10 am

yea i gotcha. the course did seem to be rather unfit. there were numerous people talking about how scary it was.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:20 am

im not sure i think it could have been pratially due to the downhill slope of it making riders accelerate too high. just mt two cents and guess.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby Kensei » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:35 pm

The runs were designed by the association that was in charge of the specific sport not "canada" so the issue is....does the association not have some responsibility? My understanding was the run was designed specifically for the Speed and excitment of the run...and the association is letting the Canadians take the heat. It was said by a VOC official that the run was not designed by Vancouver officials, but they did not go into detail.

Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:56 am

yea i know it wasnt the fault of canada. some of the organizaztion issues may reflect canada more than the design of the course, which imho is the biggest issue bc it deals with safety, not glamour.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby DisciplineHopes » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:13 pm

imho: in my honest opinion
bc: because
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Off Topic