Login Sign Up

Zuffa/Dana powertrip with the Lawsuits

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zuffa/Dana powertrip with the Lawsuits

Postby hayMAN » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:30 pm

Has this stuff been going on a lot over the years? I have just started hearing about it but from at least one other post I have seen they went off suing someone else in 2008.

With UFC 109 coming up pretty quick, I have been paying attention to the buzz and anticipating the night I get to see this fight... One of the things I heard though was that they were going to try and shut down online streams. I am a bit confused to how they think they are going to shut down the internet. I guess that is beyond the point tho... I looked further into all of this news and came across this page with Joe Rogan not supporting the idea. So my first thought was ok cool, maybe its all wish wash and I wont have any issues watching UFC 109 online for free. Then I came across this page showing that they have already busted someone and are suing for what?? $640k.... That is ridiculous. So I read this article, and in it I expected to see some craziness about subpeona a website for ip's and busting people like that blah blah blah. Well no, that is not what it says....

"A UFC lawyer cited an eyewitness who claimed the bar showed the promotion's Oct. 24 pay-per-view broadcast by using a laptop computer hooked up to a TV. "

Um. Seriously?? These greedy aholes are going after someone on these grounds? I have never heard anything so stupid in my life. They don't even have proof or anything. So ya that brings me back to the online streams...

Is anyone worried about the potential of being sued for half a million dollars? or do you think it will all fall through and nothing will ever happen?

If they cant find the broadcasters then really all I can think is they are SOL...

PS- If you want to know where I get links look below.
Watch UFC 110 Online - Feb 21st - Live from Australia
hayMAN
White Belt
White Belt

Re: Zuffa/Dana powertrip with the Lawsuits

Postby Kensei » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Hayman,
First off Friggin rights they should sue. it sets a bad president! The UFC needs to protect itself from arse holes steeling their product and making money off of its resale. it is the same thing as if the bar owner held up the beer truck to fill his coolers before the fights. He is making money and the "owner" of the product is not getting their cut! Steeling yes, throw the book at the bar owner...Hell yes!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Kensei » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:33 pm

No, you dont have to like it at all....but respect the laws and ownership and enjoy the fights...after paying for them. I always say it is like stealing and I personally would be pissed off if I knew someone was stealing from me! Think about it....its like getting your Hydro (Electric) bill and it is double...because your neighbour is stealing power from you.....It would piss me off!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby DisciplineHopes » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:12 pm

i agree they should be bought and not bummed or stolen but come down with the extreme prices and youll have SOOOOOOOOOO many more buys. SF is 25, UFC is 45-55.
DisciplineHopes
Red Belt
Red Belt

Return to Off Topic