Login Sign Up

After some advice

After some advice

Postby guvnor81 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:25 am

Hi I go to kickboxing class twice a week. Monday and Wednesday. I do weights Tuesday, Thursday and Firday. Full body workout covered over the 3 days. Im 5.6" 78kg. Want to get down to about 10% body fat. I don't want to put on Muscle mass but want muscle and am looking to improve speed and power.

I have changed my weights routine this week to the following. Am I doing too much? To all other kickboxers out there do you weight train and whats your routine? What do you recommend I should do on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday?

Monday
Kickboxing Class

Tuesday
Dumbbell Fly’s
Dumbbell Fly’s full incline
Barbell bench press
Incline bench press
Military Dumbbell Press
Fly Extensions
Straight arm dumbbell extension
Backup. Opposite to a sit up.
Lower back extension (barbell)

I do 4 sets of 10 for each exercise.

Wednesday
Kickboxing Class

Thursday
Dumbbell Curl
Hammer Curl
Preacher Curl
Cable Machine Curl
Pull ups behind head
Bent over cable row or use barbell
Cable row. Sitting
Cable pull down
Cable pull down with rope.
Lay down dumbbell pull over. Hold onto the plate.
Dumbbell Extensions. Knee on bench
Dips

Friday
Squats
Leg press
Hamstring curls
Dumbbell lunges onto bench
Leg Extensions

And do this at the end of each weights day.
Weighted twist on decline bench
Medicine ball throw sit ups

Was going to do Bass Ruttens tape on a Saturday morning as well. Starting with Mui tai and then moving to the MMA tape.

Also Im thinking of doing ju jitsu on either a saturday or sunday after the football season finishes. I watch don't play.
guvnor81
White Belt
White Belt

Re: After some advice

Postby Kensei » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:14 am

Wow, watch that you dont do to much, rest and get some rehab! (massage not detox)

I would suggest a few changes but first, dont split up your body that way. It is to much like body building and you will get bulky. If you are kick boxing weight is VERY important. Were is your cardio other than Kick boxing?

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby Asa87 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:06 pm

dude this is heavy duty, I certainly wouldn't take on more at the moment.

As for weights, I just do mostly body weight circuits and try and get a good mix of aerobic and anaerobic work out.
"Simplicity is the key to brilliance" - Bruce Lee

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein
Asa87
Red Belt
Red Belt

Postby guvnor81 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:40 am

Kensei wrote:Wow, watch that you dont do to much, rest and get some rehab! (massage not detox)

I would suggest a few changes but first, dont split up your body that way. It is to much like body building and you will get bulky. If you are kick boxing weight is VERY important. Were is your cardio other than Kick boxing?

I want to cut my weight days down and fit in more cardio but don't know what weight routine to do without neglecting a certain body part. I skip and do bag work on a saturday morning. I workout at home. Converted my shed. Has no squat rack in there so can only squat what I can lift over my head. I loose muscle very easy too. Any help with a weekly routine would be great.
guvnor81
White Belt
White Belt

Return to Supplements, Diet, Equipment & Weight Training