Josh Barnett vs Andrei Arlovski
Vitor Beflort vs Matt Lindland

Rumors/Possibilities:
Vladimir Matyushenko vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Tito Ortiz vs. Renato “Babalu” Sobral
Aleks Emelianenko vs Paul Buenetello
Tim Sylvia vs TBA

Update: Fedor out!
Last edited by qwerty on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:02 pm

Man that Aleksander Buentello fight is a waist. They should put up Aleks against Sylvia!
FEDORisGOD

Postby Koulikov » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:47 pm

it sounds very good.
Poor Sylvia, he will be KO.
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:27 pm

Sylia may have been fighting top competition but his fights havent exactly been wars.

-Fedor finished the fight in 36 seconds, All Timmy got was a smashed nose. He looked fine after.

-Nogueira subbed Timmy but until the sub, Timmy was dominating and pretty much went unharmed.

-Brandon Vera fought Tim for 5 rounds in a hugging match. There were some nice exchanges but nothing serious.

Randy was Tim Sylvias last real war and even that could be called a hugging match by some fans too..

Sylvia fighting Aleks is not a step down or a step up, its perfect IMO.
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:49 am

I dont think I quite see those fights the way you do FIG..but close. All of his UFC fights have been....okay. His first four were pretty good, taking appart Wes Sims and Gan McGee is impressive, and his taking out Ricco was good, but his last nine......

9.Tra Telligman chased a much smaller fighter around the ring for a whole round and then landed a pretty damn good head kick to the "Trama-tised" one and put him out. Tra is not exactly a challenge for top spot however.

8.Assuerio Silva Three rounds of Assuerio dry humping Skid marks tree trunk of a leg.....I was sure it was animal planet for a while. No Idea how Silva made it to the UFC with a fight strategy of "Cling to leg....Repeat".

7.AA (part Duex) talk about walking into a punch. I think if I see that "KO" one more Time I will puke. AA was so cocky and thought he had it in the bag...turns out walking into a two by four of a arm shooting out at you is not a good thing!

6.AA (part Troix) Yah, if this was a war then I will eat my hat. A five minute tip tap jab fest. the best things thrown were the beer glasses into the cage. Now if it were in canada shoes would have been thrown into the ring for sure...NEVER THROW YOUR BEER anywere but down your throat! You can walk home with out a shoe and not cry, but throw your beer and your night is ruined!

5.Monson Some may disagree, but Tim looked fairly good against Monson. His ground work was pretty good and used his length to put Jeff in several sub attempts, his take down defense was great and he peppered Jeff all night. to bad he could not pull the trigger on his KO head kick...Now jeff not having any neck may have made the subs a bit hard for Tim.....

4.Randy UFC 68, Uprising...should have been called "let the ass rape begin"! Randy tooled and schooled Tim for five rounds. Not able to put the nail in the coffin he might as well have. Tim was handed his ass so many times he must have had a great surgion to put that skid mark back on! Not only did a LHW fighter who lost his last two fights and retired off of it beat him...he did it in a way that made tim look like a first timer in the ring.....granted then we all got ass raped when randy jumped ship and forgot his promise to the fans...but that is okay....we dont forget easy.

3.Vera Now I appreciate that Tim missed his little belt, and was lonely...but hugging poor Brandon Vera for three rounds and basically trying to FORCE him to be a sholder to cry on is not the way to go. This fight stunk up the joint. Okay, the bank arena in Ohio...but you get my point. Poor Vera did not feel much like it was so much a fight as it was a prison rape scean in Deliverence Two...Hostile Territory ended when Brandon broke his hand and could not swing anymore to defend himself.

2.NOG At 81, Nog almost found the breaking point for Tim....His ankle,Then his neck! Nog might have looked somewhat like a punching bag in the first round, but watching him go to his corner and tim go to his...it was a bit obvious that Tim was not going to TKO the guy. Then that fancy trip take down and working for the sub. NOG was not scared of Tims punching! Nog has been hit by guys that will make you lose a week and a few IQ points, letting tim punch himself out might not be the smartest way to go, but NOG used it.

1.Fedor Fedor is one of the scariest guys to face. Not only are you facing a crazy ass Russian killing machine that can out think you, has a ever changing stance and hands like ICMB missles, but you are facing a guy whoes name strikes fear in the hearts of young children( and older men that may have to fight him). the very thought of being in the ring with him makes some guys pee...Okay, maybe not...but he is one bad Dude! When the bell rang Tim had one plan of attack, when that failed he was done. Fedor on the other hand had one plan for each of the 36 seconds that the fight lasted, and 10 back up "what if" plans. The fight was so one sided that Tims only chance was a lucky punch then to hope he can run faster scared than fedor can mad....Problem is, I dont think Fedor gets mad.

Tim is a big guy. He is a hard puncher that has developed good take down defense and okay subs. But against other top tens he walks in with less than a 40% chance and as you go up to Fedor the chances get slimmer! Even a rematch with Vera would probably turn out worse for Tim. I think at this point he needs a Mike Block or boyd Ballard to face!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby qwerty » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:42 am

Great assessment Kensei!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Affliction 2 - Las Vegas

Postby Kensei » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:30 pm

qwerty wrote:Confirmed:
Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrei Arlovski

Rumors/Possibilities:
Tito Ortiz vs. Renato “Babalu” Sobral
Vitor Beflort vs Matt Lindland (185 or 205?)
Tim Sylvia vs Josh Barnett
Aleks Emelianenko vs Paul Buenetello

Could Couture possibly make his Affliction debut? When is the court ruling?

This pisses me off! Okay, first on my shit list for this week end...the fight with AA and Emelianenko is OFF!!!! yup, Fedor is not fighting because of his hand. He apparently can not fight because he damaged it again!!
Tito will not be on the card because he will not be offered the right amount of money! and Barnett wont be on the card because he has a pro wrestling fight to attend in Japan. Alek may not be fighting because he is still not clearing the Hep out of his system and it is kicking the crap out of him! My sources.....because FIG will ask....MMA Weekly and Sheredog reporters... Friggin pisses me off man!

Kensei

Postby Koulikov » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:25 pm

If that is true, that is a real shame.
I hope the Fedors injury is not so serious and he will fight soon.
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:24 am

I read it was not an injury that he had during the TIm fight but one he has been dealing with on and off since PRIDE. I guess his hands are pretty bad....Hope he can last till Randy is actually done with the UFC...Can he wait till 2010? LMAO

Kensei

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Im not surprised Fedor breaks his hands. The way he hits people, man!
FEDORisGOD

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:03 pm

He probably lotions them every day because he has to rub color back into his balls!
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:28 pm

??
FEDORisGOD

Postby Kensei » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:58 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Kensei

Postby Koulikov » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:29 pm

Well Kensei I cant find anywhere the news you posted, I saw 6 MMA websites (including Sherdog) and no one has "said" that Fedor is not going to fight.

Actually there are 2 confirmed fights for the event (11 october):

Fedor Emelianenko vs Andrey Arlovsky
Vitor Belfort vs Matt Lindland
Undertaker
Fedor Emelianenko

The Best of the best

Koulikov
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:41 pm

Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Next

Return to MMA & NHB