Login Sign Up

Affliction and Golden Boy are Partners

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

Affliction and Golden Boy are Partners

Postby qwerty » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:24 pm

If you don't know Affliction and Golden Boy are now in a partnership. Expect to see boxing and MMA matches at the next Affliction event Jan 17th '09.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Dannytsg » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:53 am

Don't know whether this a such a good move for Affliction in the MMA game but as a business prospect this deal is huge.
Fighting is a hit and miss game. Are you prepared to pay the price if you miss?
Dannytsg
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:12 am

Affliction spent a lot of $$$ and loss a lot of $$$ at their first event. They just want to share that loss with someone else at Affliction 2 and future events.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:59 am

The only bad thing about this is they plan on doing cards that are a mixture of boxing and MMA. You know how bad that's going to suck when you go to an Affliction event and it's half boxing?
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:12 am

I dont like it as an MMA fan but this is a smart business move on their part for sure.
FEDORisGOD

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:14 am

Yeah and $$$ comes first. Which isn't a bad thing if you think about it. The more $$$ the more the fighters can be taken care of.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby FEDORisGOD » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:21 am

Also nothing gets bigger and more dramatic promoting than boxing. Now MMA will be getting this kind of promotion. Golden Boy puts on fight which 50 million people watch. I think even if 5 million people watch Affliction, it will be great. If anyone can get them this kind of exposure its Golden Boy.
FEDORisGOD

Postby fightDR » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:37 am

I got to agree with the pack here...as far as business goes its a very smart move. However I am a huge MMA and Boxing fan and I don't like the idea of sharing a fight card out between the both. I don't really like it when there is MMA and then Kickboxing on the same card so MMA and Boxing is just chalk and cheese for me.

Just glad to know that Affliction is having a cash injection and will be sticking around for a while at least.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby qwerty » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:24 pm

This is what I see coming... since they are both MMA and boxing in the event and each boxing fight can take up to 48 minutes each... they are going to minimize how many fights the MMA will get. So you will only see like 4 MMA fights. Which is good for Affliction so that they don't have to waste money of fights no one really wants to see anyways. Bad for MMA fans becuase even if its irrelivant, MMA fans still wants to see someone get chocked or get KTFO!
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Return to MMA & NHB