Login Sign Up

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares*SPOILERS*

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

Dan Henderson vs. Rousimar Palhares*SPOILERS*

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:06 pm

Discuss:
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Kensei » Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:40 am

Hendo looked okay, but Palhares has a big ass chin man...all rock!

Even monkeys fall out of trees!
Kensei

Postby fightDR » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:55 am

Hendo looked good and glad he got a win under his belt. Don't think we have seen the best from him in the UFC yet. Would love to see him have 1 more fight where he shows more of what he has got. Then a fight against Nate Marquardt would be awesome.
Palhares looked alright but couldn't really have seen him ever beating Hendo really. Will hopefully get another good fight from the UFC.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby GrappleorWrestle » Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:33 am

Hendo respected Palhares' jujitsu too much. The last 4 seconds of the match is the Hendo we need to see.
Not to cross train cripples the martial arts, without it you can become a mechanic, but never an artist.
- E. Cates

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
- Dan Gable
GrappleorWrestle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:36 am

I just think he was so nervous about losing the dreaded 3 in a row he decided to play it safe. He has much more ability than he showed in this fight and soon enough we will get to see all of it. personally I can't bloody wait for it either, just hope it's not in a fight against my boy Bisping. Which I do not want to see....EVER :lol:
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby shift » Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:48 pm

I don't think he respected Palhares Jujitsu "too much"

He gave him reasonable respect IMO. After all Palhares is pretty good on the ground and you don't win points hugging and rolling.

Dan looked good

I saw Palhares plan to fake knock downs to lure Heno into his guard then he'd go for leg locks...Dan obviously picked up on it...Good job
shift
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Postby fightDR » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:47 am

Yes but at the same time...Dan Henderson Is much better than he showed against Palhares. He didn't use all his skills and has much more in the tank. He did a good job but at the same time was conservative which he isn't so much normally, so thats more the point I was making.
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Return to MMA & NHB