Login Sign Up

Gerard Mousasi vs Anderson Silva.....?

Moderators: GrappleorWrestle, Forum Moderators

Gerard Mousasi vs Anderson Silva.....?

Postby qwerty » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:04 pm

Okay, some of you are probably thinking, yeah right, Anderson Silva will run over Gerard Mousasi....and I would agree with you...

Well, for those who didn't see Dream 6 - Gerard beat both Manhoef (who can arguably be one of stronger strikers in the game) and Jacare (who can arguably be one of the best submissions guy out there at middleweight) all in one night and under 4 minutes total.

Gerard has the tools and kickboxing background to maybe defend himself and try to take this fight in the ground where I think he has a slight edge.

What do you guys think?
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Gerard Mousasi vs Anderson Silva.....?

Postby Gurre » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:41 pm

He did well against Manhoef, but I still think that upkick against Jaca was a fluke!
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby qwerty » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:44 pm

Yes, definately a fluke.... kind of like Kimbo getting KOed by Petrozelli :wink: Anyone know who Gerard is fighting next? Maybe a Jacare rematch? Dude is only 23 years old too.
qwerty
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby fightDR » Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:00 am

I would back anderson totally there, but agree with what he did in Dream 6...the guy looked awesome especially against Manhoef. He really took control in that fight and stayed calm to Triangle choke him under the pressure of a monster slam. As for that upkick :roll: lucky but still gotta give him credit.
A rematch against Jacare would be a good choice for a next fight but Jacare lost fair and square so why should Gerard give him a chance of redemption so quick. He is good and I like the guy even though I was routing for Melvin to KO him.
Love all mma, and big UFC fan but I do miss Pride.
Big Supporter or British MMA so a shout out to Micheal Bisbing, Paul Taylor and Dan Hardy who are representing well and makeing their mark in the UFC!!!
fightDR
Brown(3) Belt
Brown(3) Belt

Postby Gurre » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:51 am

well a quick rematch might be what the japanese promotor wants to raise some interest for the new names. Out of all of the competitiors in the GP, Jaca was the biggest name on paper. I think they might want him as a champ
Gurre
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby jcsambo » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:13 am

Gerard Mousasi? Any youtube fight links? Anderson Silva leaving UFC soon. :)
jcsambo
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Return to MMA & NHB